Austin, TX PD Chief Embarrassing

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
skb12172

Austin, TX PD Chief Embarrassing

Post by skb12172 »

He sounds like a Democrat Congressman from California. All the hysteria and strawmen you could want. What a fool.

Read the comments.

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/austin ... -impunity/
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
John_in_Longview

Re: Austin, TX PD Chief Embarrassing

Post by John_in_Longview »

Since open carry became legal in Texas, I have seen two people in East Texas openly carry and one of those may have been a plain clothes police detective.
Captain Wheelgun

Post by Captain Wheelgun »

That's from two years ago and Art Assevedo is now cheif in Houston. He's still an asshole though.
"What is this, the Congress Avenue Independence Day Parade?" - Capt. Karl von Stahlberg, RTN
Republic of Texas Navy Archives
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

I am a bit confused as to why you would need specific language in a law that would prevent the police from stopping someone who is lawfully carrying. If it is legal to do something than the police can't stop you for doing it. I realise that's not always they way it shakes out, but I don't see how more language would happen with that.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

This is surprising, coming from a town with the nickname "moscow on the colorado"?! :roll:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

HTRN wrote:This is surprising, coming from a town with the nickname "moscow on the colorado"?! :roll:
I thought it was Berkeley on the Pecos. :lol:
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
AggieWalt

Post by AggieWalt »

Captain Wheelgun wrote:That's from two years ago and Art Assevedo is now cheif in Houston. He's still an asshole though.
Couldn't agree more.
Apathy rules with an iron fist so we must strike back with steel resolve.