Assassination attempt on Steve Scalise

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Cybrludite

Assassination attempt on Steve Scalise

Post by Cybrludite »

"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
evan price

Re: Assassination attempt on Steve Scalise

Post by evan price »

"As we were standing here this morning, a gunman walked up to the fence line and just began to shoot. I was standing at home plate and he was in the third base line,” Bishop said. “He had a rifle that was clearly meant for the job of taking people out, multiple casualties, and he had several rounds and magazines that he kept unloading and reloading.”

The shooting went on for roughly 10 minutes, with some accounts putting the number of shots fired around 100. Four people were injured, including two Capitol Hill police officers and House Majority Whip Steve Scalise, of Louisiana. The suspect was also shot.

“The only reason why any of us walked out of this thing, by the grace of God, one of the folks here had a weapon to fire back and give us a moment to find cover. We were inside the backstop and if we didn’t have that cover by a brave person who stood up and took a shot themselves, we would not have gotten out of there and every one of us would have been hit — every single one of us,” said Bishop. “He was coming around the fence line and he was looking for all of us who had found cover in different spots. But if we didn’t have return fire right there, he would have come up to each one of us and shot us point-blank.”
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Greg

Post by Greg »

Doesn't sound like an assassination attempt on any one guy. Sounds like an attempted massacre like what that guy Breivik did at the summer camp.

From what little I've read, it would have been just that except some of the good guys were very *very* good.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
JKosprey

Post by JKosprey »

This is serious and all, but....

10 minutes, 100 rounds and only four *injured*? :lol: I think that might be the worst record yet for this kind of thing.
g-man

Post by g-man »

Gunman identified as a dude from IL. His license picture on the Fox News article above matches an old profile pic from his facebook page (confirmation that it's the right account)... and he's a raging Bernie supporter. Color me shocked.
Hodgkinson facebook page.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

JKosprey wrote:This is serious and all, but....

10 minutes, 100 rounds and only four *injured*? :lol: I think that might be the worst record yet for this kind of thing.
That was my first thought, too.

A lady in my office went to the shooter's facebook page. Bernie supporter. "Trump is a traitor!" (a bit of cross posting here)

It's a good thing most active shooter situations involve deranged left wing types. They mostly don't seem to be able to shoot.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
g-man

Post by g-man »

Facebook pulled his profile page.
Igitur qui desiderat pacem, praeparet bellum
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

JKosprey wrote:This is serious and all, but....

Horrible shot; or was using an mini-14.
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

I hate to say this, and I really hope that I'm wrong, but it looks like the Left is going to keep pushing until they get what they want. Don't think they understand what all that entails. It's not going to be pretty.

Let's hope they figure out that this is NOT a can of worms that they really want to open.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

They won't. They are doubling down.

http://www.nydailynews.com/amp/news/nat ... -1.3247736

Gingrich: Shooting 'part of a pattern' on the left - CNN
https://apple.news/AN-2MRGc6RWOME7q_o8ziGg
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.