Assassination attempt on Steve Scalise

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Netpackrat

Re: Assassination attempt on Steve Scalise

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

skb12172 wrote:No idea. Anyone else know?
Yup, that happened right before he closed down his blog. He later moved to New Hampshire. :ugeek:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Johnnyreb

Post by Johnnyreb »

I haven't heard of the news or the govt. calling it an act of treason. He was trying to change the govt by killing the party that won the election, overthrow and treason.
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

Johnnyreb wrote:I haven't heard of the news or the govt. calling it an act of treason. He was trying to change the govt by killing the party that won the election, overthrow and treason.
Doesn't fit the definition.
Article III of the Constitution wrote:Treason against the United States, shall consist only in levying war against them, or in adhering to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort. No person shall be convicted of treason unless on the testimony of two witnesses to the same overt act, or on confession in open court.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
Johnnyreb

Post by Johnnyreb »

Well, I've always figured someone who wants to violently overthrow our govt and constitution falls under "enemies". Like those antifa people. That's what they want, since they are commies, to overthrow our constitution and replace it with Karl Marx. But no matter what violence they do, I doubt we will ever see even one of them face a charge of sedition or treason. Mostly they won't even be arrested for a misdemeanor.

Just like back in 98 when Alec Guinness stood up on a talk show and called for people to seek out and kill a Republican congressman he didn't like. And then went further and called for the killing of his wife and children too.. No charges of any kind, and there should have been. He didn't even get banished from the talk shows.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Weetabix wrote:After the Kathy Gifford shooting
If only...
Johnnyreb wrote:Just like back in 98 when Alec [strike]Guinness[/strike] Baldwin stood up on a talk show and called for people to seek out and kill a Republican congressman he didn't like. And then went further and called for the killing of his wife and children too.. No charges of any kind, and there should have been. He didn't even get banished from the talk shows.
You guys are really on a roll. :lol:

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Kathy Griffin? Adam Baldwin? :lol:
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

Kathy Bates? Adam Sandler?
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Shit, I did it too, didn't I? Well, Kathy Gifford is pretty damned annoying as well. :lol:

Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Netpackrat wrote:Shit, I did it too, didn't I? Well, Kathy Gifford is pretty damned annoying as well. :lol:
No. I did it first. I think I meant Gabby Giffords? I'm too lazy to look it up. They're all annoying. ;)
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D