PM May Talks Tough

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
skb12172

PM May Talks Tough

Post by skb12172 »

And nothing will come of it. She is a modern day Chamberlain.

'Enough Is Enough.' Theresa May Makes Call to Action After London Bridge Attack - TIME
https://apple.news/ADpGcFXBeSAa8ubQI9ma5qQ
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
randy

Re: PM May Talks Tough

Post by randy »

After praising the courage of the... and general public "who defended themselves and others from attackers,"
Does that mean the UK gov is not going to prosecute those who weren't "good [strike]victims[/strike] witnesses"? Unlike any other time UK residents act like citizens and not Peasants [strike]subjects[/strike].
skb12172 wrote:And nothing will come of it. She is a modern day Chamberlain.
Yeah, I think Maggie would have already made a call to the lads at Hereford.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Precision

Post by Precision »

I call it a dead cat bounce. As in even a dead cat will bounce once or twice if dropped from a high enough place.

The formerly Great Britain is just going through the indignation motions. Slightly more effort than a hashtag campaign, slightly.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
randy

Post by randy »

Another example of why it's "formerly Great" Britain: They have apparently adopted the US "Run, Hide, Fight", with a slight modification:

"Run, Hide, Tell"
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

I heard the PM on the radio saying something about needing to control Social Media and the Internet.....

Because there was no terrorism before the Internet or Facebook.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

randy wrote:Another example of why it's "formerly Great" Britain: They have apparently adopted the US "Run, Hide, Fight", with a slight modification:

"Run, Hide, Tell"
I'm gonna tell!!! :roll:
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

MarkD wrote:I heard the PM on the radio saying something about needing to control Social Media and the Internet.....

Because there was no terrorism before the Internet or Facebook.
What concerns them is controlling the approved Ministry Narrative.
randy

Post by randy »

skb12172 wrote:
randy wrote:Another example of why it's "formerly Great" Britain: They have apparently adopted the US "Run, Hide, Fight", with a slight modification:

"Run, Hide, Tell"
I'm gonna tell!!! :roll:
I'm thinking of a list of what members of this board would "tell" in such a situation:

Go Ahead, Make my Day.

I'm gonna git you suckah!

Do you feel lucky, punk?

Fill your hands you son of a bitch!

You going to draw or whistle dixie?

Nuts!

Say hello to my little friend

Be somewhere else!

But of course, the greatest wisdom is: When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

randy wrote:But of course, the greatest wisdom is: When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk
ding ding ding, we have a winner
Greg

Post by Greg »

Cobar wrote:
randy wrote:But of course, the greatest wisdom is: When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk
ding ding ding, we have a winner
Cleanup on aisle five!
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr