PM May Talks Tough

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Netpackrat

Re: PM May Talks Tough

Post by Netpackrat »

randy wrote:
skb12172 wrote:
randy wrote:Another example of why it's "formerly Great" Britain: They have apparently adopted the US "Run, Hide, Fight", with a slight modification:

"Run, Hide, Tell"
I'm gonna tell!!! :roll:
I'm thinking of a list of what members of this board would "tell" in such a situation:

Go Ahead, Make my Day.

I'm gonna git you suckah!

Do you feel lucky, punk?

Fill your hands you son of a bitch!

You going to draw or whistle dixie?

Nuts!

Say hello to my little friend

Be somewhere else!

But of course, the greatest wisdom is: When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk
Cleanup on aisle 12...

Edit: Note to self, read whole thread first.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Jericho941

Re: PM May Talks Tough

Post by Jericho941 »

skb12172 wrote:She is a modern day Chamberlain.
Based on...?

Seriously, everything I hear from Brits at this point is that she's basically the vengeful reanimated remains of Thatcher running around parliament wearing a strap-on wrapped in razorwire.

I mean, Chamberlain's deal was "Yeah Hitler was a naughty boy but we convinced him to stop being naughty." You might doubt May means it when she rails against Islamist terrorism, but she's not pretending the conflict is over by any stretch of the imagination.
randy wrote:
skb12172 wrote:
randy wrote:Another example of why it's "formerly Great" Britain: They have apparently adopted the US "Run, Hide, Fight", with a slight modification:

"Run, Hide, Tell"
I'm gonna tell!!! :roll:
I'm thinking of a list of what members of this board would "tell" in such a situation:

Go Ahead, Make my Day.

I'm gonna git you suckah!

Do you feel lucky, punk?

Fill your hands you son of a bitch!

You going to draw or whistle dixie?

Nuts!

Say hello to my little friend

Be somewhere else!

But of course, the greatest wisdom is: When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk
There's nothing wrong with talking after you shoot, though. ;) There's a one-liner I think works both for Hollywood pre-fire and IRL after-action:

"Shoulda stayed home, (epithet of choice)"