Order Demands Violence

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
skb12172

Order Demands Violence

Post by skb12172 »

There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
BDK

Re: Order Demands Violence

Post by BDK »

I always thought this was considered a basic truth.

The concerning trend is that we may Ben returning to an era of "lawgivers" - and that's a rather dark period of human history. Less dark than times without law, but not pleasant.

We are being invaded by less disciplined, low-trust cultures - both from foreign sources and from internal degradation.

Only high-trust cultures succeed - too much effort is required to succeed, long-term, as a low-trust one.

Right now, India, the Arabs, and the ChiComs have the West to prey upon, as do the Latins, but once they succeed in bleeding us out, they will sink back into stagnation.
BDK

Post by BDK »

And, I suppose, we will be the Rhodesians of the West, but despised because we didn't "fix" things when it collapses.

Not sure how automation will play out in all this. A "robust" culture might be able to use it to colonize Africa, etc.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Pretty well laid out, and obvious to people who can think. The only things I could think of to discuss would be coming up with examples that the soccer mom who wants the State to wield violence to support her demands can understand.

But it does go to illustrate why I want the State as small as practicable.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D