Gun sales may rise again?

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
toad

Gun sales may rise again?

Post by toad »

From what I'm hearing and seeing, it looks like there may be a spike in violence from the usual suspects. Thus people may start stocking up again. :?:
Denis

Re: Gun sales may rise again?

Post by Denis »

I'm hearing that there is a glut of stock on hand, because people who would have panic-bought if Clinton had been elected didn't feel the same urgency with Trump.

For example, grabagun.com has Ruger AR-556’s for $480 + $8 shipping, and www.mgewholesale.com has whole assembled Del Ton rifles for US$380.

At those prices, I'd certainly be buying! I can't get an AR-pattern rifle here for less than a thousand bucks...
Durham68

Post by Durham68 »

No lack of supply, no fear of new restrictions, and 8 years of sustained panic buying will keep many/most out of the market. Then they will regret it in a year when prices go back to normal and they missed out again, like they missed out on the $80 SKS and $50 Mosin.
"Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy"
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

NICS data shows lower numbers than the same month the previous year, since December.

Theres more than a little truth on Obama being "gun salesman of the century". :ugeek:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

The Firearm Blog stated a few days ago that sales were up in February compared with January.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Meaningless, they rise every february going back to the beginning of NICS, with the exception of 2013.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Catbird

Post by Catbird »

I think the next gold rush will come from loosening restrictions allowing repatriated mil-surps from overseas as well as looser rules on foreign imports and "sporting purpose".

I kick myself for not jumping on the $400 Romanian PSL back in the day.
"If at first you don't succeed, that's one data point." XKCD
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Catbird wrote:I kick myself for not jumping on the $400 Romanian PSL back in the day.
PSL is a bit of a kludge anyway... If I can I get mine running somewhat reliably I am probably going to try to peddle it.

One prediction I am going to make, is sooner or later some gun company owner or representative is going to get caught in public, on social media, etc, wishing that Hitlery had won the election because that would have kept the good times rolling. And then once that happens, the Gunternet is going to make an example of that individual and/or company with extreme prejudice. :twisted:
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop