Don't Blame Gun Stores for Crime

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
scipioafricanus

Don't Blame Gun Stores for Crime

Post by scipioafricanus »

Remember this the next time morons in Chicago blame gun stores: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/03/09/ch ... -guns.html
The guns – boxes and boxes of them – are part of shipments that are destined for gun companies or gun shops across the country. But as gangsters have caught on to the practice, they are ransacking these trains and stealing weapons that eventually make their way to the city’s blood-soaked streets.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
FelixEstrella

Re: Don't Blame Gun Stores for Crime

Post by FelixEstrella »

Well, you know, if you banned all guns this wouldn't happen. /sarcasm/
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I blame car dealerships for hit and run accidents and for drunk driving. Same thing, right?
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
randy

Post by randy »

I worked in a retail computer store in the 90's. Got a call from a lady one day. She had heard on the radio that there was p*rn on the internet!

And just what was my store going to do to clean it off of there before she let her grandkids dial into AOL?

Sigh. :shock: :roll:
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Weetabix wrote:I blame car dealerships for hit and run accidents and for drunk driving. Same thing, right?
AYUP, and let's blame pens and pencils for misspelled words, along with forks & spoons for people being overweight, right?? :roll: :roll: :roll: :lol: :lol:
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Johnnyreb

Post by Johnnyreb »

I didn't think much of that story. The writer tried to make it sound like big deal... until you realise that it was 150 guns stolen over 4 years and at least 100 of them was from one crime. And the story DOES NOT say all of them were stolen in a train yard in Chicago. It says "The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said that since 2013, more than 150 firearms have been reported stolen from freight trains."

Then the story goes on and on about crime in Chicago with no actual statement that all these guns were stolen from trains in Chicago. And after you subtract that one 100 pistol heist, which I am guessing did take place in Chicago, though while the story IMPLIES this, it does not actually STATE it. Well, that leaves you with 50 guns over 4 years stolen from trains. Hell, more guns than that get stolen by the TSA and airline baggage handlers.

And why does the story say "more than 150"? How many more, was it 151 or 500? if it is going off a govt. report, why not state the exact number?

And this is supposed to be a scary terrorist threat? A dozen or so stolen guns per year? Why would a terrorist bother when they can just drive a van or pickup truck full of AKs in from Mexico pretty much whenever they want?
Denis

Post by Denis »

Johnnyreb wrote:Why would a terrorist bother when they can just drive a van or pickup truck full of AKs in from Mexico pretty much whenever they want?
Or just skip the middleman altogether and get them directly from the BATFE... gunwalker, anyone?
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

randy wrote:I worked in a retail computer store in the 90's. Got a call from a lady one day. She had heard on the radio that there was p*rn on the internet!

And just what was my store going to do to clean it off of there before she let her grandkids dial into AOL?

Sigh. :shock: :roll:
Stupid should hurt. There would be less of it.

Incidentally, that's why Ann Landers was forced into retirement. Because pron existed on the internet, the daft old bat insisted that's ALL the internet was and kept using her soapbox to rail against it. Even my old man, who HATED her column, was quoting her on that for awhile.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Johnnyreb wrote:It says "The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said that since 2013, more than 150 firearms have been reported stolen from freight trains."
That's fewer transactions than a lame gun show. ;)
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
BDK

Post by BDK »

In all fairness, if its a shipment glib by rail, who would send only 100 guns? That's ~1/3 of a pallet, unless they were very large guns.