Churches Organize Shelter Of Illegals

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
skb12172

Churches Organize Shelter Of Illegals

Post by skb12172 »

Many say they are willing to go to jail. I say we oblige them. This shit is yet another reason I dislike organized religion. So much for Jesus' instruction to obey the civil authorities. Even the somewhat conservative Southern Baptist church I was raised in got involved in this shit. A big reason I quit attending.

Churches Are Readying Homes And Underground Railroads To Hide Immigrants From Deportation Under Trump - www.buzzfeed.com
https://www.buzzfeed.com/salvadorhernan ... .atBvpDnmE
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Vonz90

Re: Churches Organize Shelter Of Illegals

Post by Vonz90 »

Churches are run by people. People do stupid things. In church or out of church doesn't change that.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Agreed. I have nothing against Jesus, just organized religion. It's run by people. 'Nuff said.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

skb12172 wrote:Agreed. I have nothing against Jesus, just organized religion. It's run by people. 'Nuff said.
So is... well, everything. We live in a fallen world. We have to expect some idiots.

ETA: you have to respect them for putting their money where their mouths are, though: taking illegals into their homes. I sincerely hope that none of them have disastrous consequences from that.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Karma. Who was it who said stupid should hurt?
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Go ahead. And their flock and decide if the church is worth the money.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Seems to me at the very minimum they should have their tax exempt status revoked.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Weetabix wrote:
ETA: you have to respect them for putting their money where their mouths are, though: taking illegals into their homes. I sincerely hope that none of them have disastrous consequences from that.
Sorry but no.

The job of the church is to spread the good news of salvation thru Jesus, and His death and resurrection. Taking care of the unfortunate among us is secondary.

If they want to take care of the poor and downtrodden, load up a bunch of trucks with food, medicine and toilet paper and go take care of them. Don't insist that your government take care of them and hide them from that government. This is not the Underground Railroad where people were chattel and were owned by other people. These are people who came here by choice to take advantage of what we have to offer.

OK, done ranting.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Vonz90 wrote:Churches are run by people. People do stupid things. In church or out of church doesn't change that.
Unfortunate when the church, as an organization, decides to make itself an enemy of the society we live in. Like when the Episcopal Church decided to support terrorism a few decades ago - when they provided employment and then legal and political support to the FALN.

It wants to be an enemy, treat it as one. Actions have consequences.

You want to be a martyr, EXPECT suffering and death not a virtue signalling game.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »