When will Trump learn.......

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Termite

When will Trump learn.......

Post by Termite »

...that some people are looking for ANY excuse to take offense.

LINK
Many African-Americans are expressing outrage over a testy exchange between President Donald Trump and a veteran black journalist, with many considering the incident to be the latest indication of his inability to relate to them.
Already skeptical of Trump, many blacks said they were exasperated by the fact that, during his news conference on Thursday, the new president asked April Ryan, longtime White House correspondent for American Urban Radio Networks, to help broker a meeting for him with black lawmakers.

"Will you meet with the Congressional Black Caucus?" Ryan asked. Trump responded: "I would. You want to set up the meeting? Are they friends of yours?"

The exchange set off a firestorm on social media as many black people balked at Trump's suggestion of an assumed relationship between Ryan and CBC members because they are of the same race.
Susan Rice, U.N. ambassador under the Obama administration, tweeted an article about the incident and called Trump's remarks "notably offensive."
While I think Trump intended no offense, someone really needs to explain to him how to speak with American blacks who are extremely touchy about words; and that some words/phrases do not necessarily mean the same to them as to other ethnic groups, especially "whites".

Example: A better way of saying the same thing would be: "Yes, I would like to meet with the CBC. Who do you suggest I contact to set that meeting up?"

I hope Trump understands that "the deck is stacked against him" with regard to many, if not most, American blacks. He will have to go a long way to gather their support.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Darrell

Re: When will Trump learn.......

Post by Darrell »

I daresay he knew exactly what he was doing.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Rich

Post by Rich »

Like the perpetually offended will ever change. Get real!
A weak government usually remains a servant of citizens, while a strong government usually becomes the master of its subjects.
- paraphrased from several sources

A choice, not an echo. - Goldwater campaign, 1964
randy

Post by randy »

an assumed relationship between Ryan and CBC members because they [strike]are of the same race.[/strike] share the same statist ideology and "progressive"goals
Fixed it for them.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Did you also notice that the reporters use all the acronyms for organizations during the presser? I bet they all had a discussion to try and screw him up. And, no, I am not paranoid. They did have a little collusion issue when "Journolist" was shown to the world. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JournoList
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Why should he bother? They'll just twist something else. Fuck 'em.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

When will Trump learn?

When will media and the Left learn he doesn't care, in fact he loves it and uses it to his advantage? He's controlling the news cycle and their emotions.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Odahi

Post by Odahi »

I'm reminded of a phrase I saw [strike]someplace[/strike] here: "OODA Loop."

He may not be entirely inside it yet, but he's closing in.
Birds gotta swim, fish gotta fly, assholes gotta ass, until the day they die.

"Common sense" is an oxymoron.
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

He isn't down to forty seconds, but he's closing in on a minute.
skb12172 wrote:Why should he bother? They'll just twist something else. Fuck 'em.
^^^^^^^^^^^^
This. Truer words were never spoken. And lest someone say that this would not happen with a different one of the sixteen candidates, we'd get the same $h!t if Marko Rubio were President. He would be an "inauthentic" Latino, or someone would resurrect Jose Jiminez for satiric effect.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy