The BATFE deputy director just said what?!?!?

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
AlaskaTRX

The BATFE deputy director just said what?!?!?

Post by AlaskaTRX »

I thought I was reading The Onion at first... still not convinced this is real: http://www.breitbart.com/big-government ... nsensical/
Jered

Re: The BATFE deputy director just said what?!?!?

Post by Jered »

He's got a point.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Yeah, I read that the other day at another site. Sounds like the deputy director wants to be the Director, and figured the timing was right for the unorthodox approach. :lol:
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

The import bans on firearms really prove the protectionism viewpoint on trade. Look at how plentiful and inexpensive ar15s are now, and how many people are employed in that industry. If we were importing them from china we would be worse off as consumers and as a nation. :jacked:
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
Denis

Post by Denis »

slowpoke wrote:The import bans on firearms really prove the protectionism viewpoint on trade. Look at how plentiful and inexpensive ar15s are now, and how many people are employed in that industry. If we were importing them from china we would be worse off as consumers and as a nation. :jacked:
On the other hand, the import prohibitions are also depriving you of market choices and purchasing options...
Precision

Post by Precision »

I do not know what alternate reality I woke up in today, but I am glad for it.

A deputy director in the ATF using common sense and speaking it out loud? There are some other changes in the Matrix that I need to look for today. WOW.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
dfwmtx

Post by dfwmtx »

Until we can get QZBs from China....
"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

dfwmtx wrote:Until we can get QZBs from China....
With working giggle switches.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

Denis wrote:
slowpoke wrote:The import bans on firearms really prove the protectionism viewpoint on trade. Look at how plentiful and inexpensive ar15s are now, and how many people are employed in that industry. If we were importing them from china we would be worse off as consumers and as a nation. :jacked:
On the other hand, the import prohibitions are also depriving you of market choices and purchasing options...
In the short run yes, currently not so much. Since 1994 we now have fully US produced AKs, SIG550's, Steyr Augs, HK G3s, FALs. Even getting Semi Stg44s comming on line, and can get FG-42s. Companies are happy to move production to here to sell like Glock did.
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

And a lot of the US made Sigs, AKs, etc. are crap compared to the foreign made units.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop