Donald Trump's Immigration Executive Order

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Jered

Donald Trump's Immigration Executive Order

Post by Jered »

link

That's a 9th Circuit case concerning a Canadian who was processed for an expedited removal in Oroville, WA.

For aliens who are not returning lawful permanent residents...the bottom line is that they're essentially SOL.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
skb12172

Re: Donald Trump's Immigration Executive Order

Post by skb12172 »

Meanwhile, the flood of human interest sob stories continues about tge Pore and Starvin' immigrants being victimized by mean ol' Mr. Trump.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Jered

Post by Jered »

He doesn't need State.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Rich

Post by Rich »

When everyone who wants to sign it has done so, then Trump can use it to interview to find everyone who wishes to keep their jobs. :twisted:
A weak government usually remains a servant of citizens, while a strong government usually becomes the master of its subjects.
- paraphrased from several sources

A choice, not an echo. - Goldwater campaign, 1964
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Jered wrote:He doesn't need State.
That isn't the point. I find this kind of open defiance interesting. Would this be a Hide Amendment violation? If it was just a private statement of their opinion to the administration then no but if intended for public release I think maybe.
Denis

Post by Denis »

Vonz90 wrote:Would this be a Hide Amendment violation?
Methinks perhaps you meant the Hatch Act? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatch_Act_of_1939
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

Denis wrote:
Methinks perhaps you meant the Hatch Act? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatch_Act_of_1939
You are correct. (Reason # 489,248 why I am not a lawyer)
Denis

Post by Denis »

Vonz90 wrote:
Denis wrote:
You are correct. (Reason # 489,248 why I am not a lawyer)
You're welcome. The note of my fees will be in the post.

I seem to recall that the "Hide Act" is the one that says that anyone who looks up at the geese or moves his gun before they get well inside shotshell range will be mercilessly mocked by his companions for evermore, without parole or remission for subsequent good behavior. :P
randy

Post by randy »

Vonz90 wrote:
Jered wrote:He doesn't need State.
If it was just a private statement of their opinion to the administration then no but if intended for public release I think maybe.
My understanding is that there is an unofficial, private (as in State Dept Only) back channel system that employees, up to Ambassador level, can use to express misgivings or dissent with official policy. It's intent is to allow for discussion out of public view that could lead to modifications/improvements of policies and give feed back where policy is going wrong in the field. My understanding is that it has been used in every administration since it was created during Vietnam up to and including the O administration.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".