Donald Trump's Immigration Executive Order

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Vonz90

Re: Donald Trump's Immigration Executive Order

Post by Vonz90 »

Denis wrote:
Vonz90 wrote:
Denis wrote: Methinks perhaps you meant the Hatch Act? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatch_Act_of_1939
You are correct. (Reason # 489,248 why I am not a lawyer)
You're welcome. The note of my fees will be in the post.

I seem to recall that the "Hide Act" is the one that says that anyone who looks up at the geese or moves his gun before they get well inside shotshell range will be mercilessly mocked by his companions for evermore, without parole or remission for subsequent good behavior. :P
I had the Hyde Amendment on the back of my mind. (which has also been in the news lately) https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hyde_Amendment

(and I am engineer, so any reasonably coherent phonetic spelling is acceptable. :roll:
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Andrew Jackson once said "It's a damned poor mind that can only conceive of one way to spell a word!"
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

First Shirt wrote:Andrew Jackson once said "It's a damned poor mind that can only conceive of one way to spell a word!"
You have to make some allowances for the founder of the democrat party; it isn't easy to spell genocide.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Jered

Post by Jered »

randy wrote: My understanding is that there is an unofficial, private (as in State Dept Only) back channel system that employees, up to Ambassador level, can use to express misgivings or dissent with official policy. It's intent is to allow for discussion out of public view that could lead to modifications/improvements of policies and give feed back where policy is going wrong in the field. My understanding is that it has been used in every administration since it was created during Vietnam up to and including the O administration.
Can't say that I've ever heard of it.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
randy

Post by randy »

Not like they advertise.

Similar stuff exists in the Intel and .mil worlds. You just don't usually hear about them unless you're working in those fields.

The only reason you're hearing about it now is the excessive amount of Trump Derangement System led someone to leak to the press for trivial political points.

There are a large number of people in the DC area that need their pie holes stuffed. With quick setting concrete.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Jered

Post by Jered »

Yep. Need to know and all that.

With these wankers pitching a fit, they should count themselves lucky that they are not ordered removed for five years. DHS could do that, and then they'd be really SOL.

Well golly gee. Imagine that.
DETROIT (WJBK) - The leader of a mosque in Dearborn has confirmed to FOX 2 that a man who claimed his mother died in Iraq after being barred from returning to the United States under a ban instituted by President Trump this weekend, lied to FOX 2 about when her death occurred.
According to Al-Hussainy, Hager's mother had kidney disease and was receiving treatment in Michigan - where she lived - before traveling to Iraq to visit family. The Imam said she passed away on the Monday, January 22, five days before President Trump instituted the travel ban.
The Imam, who voted for Trump, did not want to address the general unrest over the travel ban or the weekend chaos for travelers and protesters at the airports. Instead, he called for peace and patience.
:roll:
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Rod

Post by Rod »

Interesting to hear this. Mosque warned the police and Homeland Security that the guy who shot the security guard in Denver was radicalized. I'd help protect this mosque. http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation- ... 70854.html
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Denis

Post by Denis »

Jered wrote:
randy wrote: My understanding is that there is an unofficial, private (as in State Dept Only) back channel...
Can't say that I've ever heard of it.
Try the DiploMad: http://www.thediplomad.com/2017/02/hunt ... agons.html