Trump Sacks Acting Attorney General

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Jered

Re: Trump Sacks Acting Attorney General

Post by Jered »

Trump probably needs to get rid of ALL OF STATE, too.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Rod

Post by Rod »

From what I've read, some federal workers are planning "resistance". Under federal Civil Service law, they can be fired with cause for this. Trump will enjoy playing Whack a Mole when these idiots stick their heads up. http://ijr.com/wildfire/2017/02/791697- ... slowdowns/
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

Resistance? Fire them in wholesale jobber's lots. And place a PATCO-type ban on any future government employment-at ANY level down to DogPatch Dog-catcher. We need no subversives on public payrolls.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Termite

Post by Termite »

Did anyone listen to Trump at the annual National Prayer Breakfast?
"It was the great Thomas Jefferson who said:
'The God who gave us life, gave us liberty.'
Jefferson asked:
'Can the liberties of a nation be secure when we have removed a conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?'

Among those freedoms is the right to worship according to our own beliefs. That is why I will get rid of and totally destroy the Johnson Amendment and allow our representatives of faith to speak freely and without fear of retribution. I will do that, remember....."
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Termite

Post by Termite »

For the record............

I do not think that Donald Trump is a "Christian".....at least not what most would consider as a Christian.

What I do think is that he is a Jeffersonian "deist": who respects Nature, and Nature's God.
And that is not a bad thing............ :geek:

YMMV.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Denis

Post by Denis »

Old Grafton wrote:Resistance? Fire them in wholesale jobber's lots. And place a PATCO-type ban on any future government employment-at ANY level down to DogPatch Dog-catcher. We need no subversives on public payrolls.
This is germane: http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/f ... app-234510
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Hilarious, they are whining to Obama appointees and begging for help. Meanwhile, the WashPo is talking about Obama speaking out and keeping Trump in check through the muscle of his office. Fucking delusional to the point of mental illness. Go get 'em, DJT!
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Rod

Post by Rod »

Denis wrote:
Old Grafton wrote:Resistance? Fire them in wholesale jobber's lots. And place a PATCO-type ban on any future government employment-at ANY level down to DogPatch Dog-catcher. We need no subversives on public payrolls.
This is germane: http://www.politico.com/story/2017/02/f ... app-234510
Which, if I'm not mistaken, is against federal law and regulations.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
BDK

Post by BDK »

Illegal in a few private industries as well - but folks actually go to jail for it there.