Shooting At Ft Lauderdale Airport

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
HTRN

Re: Shooting At Ft Lauderdale Airport

Post by HTRN »

Greg wrote: nobody ever seems to respond by just telling those asshole voices to fuck off.
Imagine somebody screaming in your ear, 24/7 to do something, combined with a serious chemical imbalance in your brain, and you start to get an inkling of what they go through. I believe suicide is far more common among schizophrenics, than homicide, as an attempt to deal with the noise.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Ok, _not_ on my list of trusted sources... Would not pass muster under the Chris Media Ban. Still worth posting with that disclaimer for a crowdsourced vetting.

"Aashiq Hammad?"
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

...and this with reference to the NY Times where I do not see this quote in the linked article.
"Federal law enforcement officials investigated Santiago last year. He told FBI agents that he heard voices in his head that told him to watch Islamic State materials, but he said he was in control and had no intention of hurting anyone, according to The New York Times. "
link
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

blackeagle603 wrote:Ok, _not_ on my list of trusted sources... Would not pass muster under the Chris Media Ban. Still worth posting with that disclaimer for a crowdsourced vetting.

"Aashiq Hammad?"
Yep, seems he has a touch of Mussie: http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/201 ... media.html
Estaban Sanitago’s aka Aashiq Hammad journey to Islam goes back at least 10 years. His MySpace page is eyeopening. More news the enemedia ignores, censors, scrubs – thanks to Charles Johnson over Got News.
As for mental illness, that is now the default cover for Islam. It was “lone wolf” until the number of ‘lone wolves’ made the narrative ridiculous and absurd. Now Islam is a mental illness.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

blackeagle603 wrote:...and this with reference to the NY Times where I do not see this quote in the linked article.
"Federal law enforcement officials investigated Santiago last year. He told FBI agents that he heard voices in his head that told him to watch Islamic State materials, but he said he was in control and had no intention of hurting anyone, according to The New York Times. "
link
The reporting news station seems legit.

Did they get the quote wrong?
Or link to the wrong article?
Or <place tinfoil hat on head securely> has the NYT gone back and editted it out?

Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Greg wrote:Nobody ever seems to get the voices in the head that tell them

MAINTAIN PROPRIETY IN PUBLIC.

Or

BE POLITE.

Or

IMPULSE CONTROL IS IMPORTANT
I have those voices. I call them my killjoy conscience. ;)
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Greg

Post by Greg »

HTRN wrote:
Greg wrote: nobody ever seems to respond by just telling those asshole voices to fuck off.
Imagine somebody screaming in your ear, 24/7 to do something, combined with a serious chemical imbalance in your brain, and you start to get an inkling of what they go through. I believe suicide is far more common among schizophrenics, than homicide, as an attempt to deal with the noise.
You never met my mother. ;)
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Greg

Post by Greg »

randy wrote:
Greg wrote:
<nasty voices quote snipped>
Maybe they do, but those people never make the news?
Oddly that would rather increase my opinion of humanity so I'm open to the possibility. Not sure how to test it, though.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

The simplest explanation is that the kid was a paranoid schizophrenic. He showed the symptoms, and he's the right age, especially for a few years of a developing problem.

My guess? The first symptoms started manifesting around the time he came back from Iraq. The timing caused it to be masked or blamed on his Iraq experience, PTSD/"broken vet" syndrome or whatever. Symptoms got worse, but he didn't tell anyone, and eventually he was discharged from the Guard in Alaska. Shortly after he walks into the Anchorage FBI office and says the CIA is controlling his brain.

Classic paranoid schizophrenia symptom, so he's refered to local authorities and put in a mental hospital, where he's evaluated, medicated and released. Whatever firearms he had were probably purchased prior to his trip to the mental hospital, and weren't taken away either because he didn't admit to having them, or just plain old bureaucratic inertia/inefficiency. Then he goes off his meds, and we know how that ended.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

Greg wrote:
randy wrote:
Greg wrote:
<nasty voices quote snipped>
Maybe they do, but those people never make the news?
Oddly that would rather increase my opinion of humanity so I'm open to the possibility. Not sure how to test it, though.
Violent behavior from paranoid schizophrenics is known to be rare.

They are far more likely to hide in their homes because the UPS guy has nefarious intentions than to try to fight the Illuminati. They're much more at risk of suicide more than going out to hurt other people.