Waffle House Waitress Fired For Firing Gun At Robbers

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
skb12172

Waffle House Waitress Fired For Firing Gun At Robbers

Post by skb12172 »

There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
evan price

Re: Waffle House Waitress Fired For Firing Gun At Robbers

Post by evan price »

Stupid twatwaffle is lucky she isn't either in jail or dead.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

I don't know Waffle House's corporate policy, but from reading the article, it sounds like she probably broke the law.
A Waffle House waitress in Georgia says she was fired for shooting her gun at three fleeing robbers.
Burkinshaw-Stanley said her gun was in her car.

“I safely fired a round in the air in an attempt to scare the robbers who were in the process of getting in their vehicle, not knowing if they were retrieving their weapon to return to the Waffle House,”
Emphasis added.

The circumstances under which you are allowed to use deadly force on a fleeing bad guy are extremely narrow, and I doubt this situation met them.

Warning shots are pretty much never legal, no matter what VP Biden says.

Shooting at armed robbers while they're in the process of robbing the joint? Sure. Going out to the parking lot, after the robbers have left the building, getting a gun and shooting in the air? I'm a whole lot less understanding.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

All true. The only thing that makes me pause is when she said she was afraid they might come back in.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

skb12172 wrote:In Georgia, of all places.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/01/01/wa ... bbery.html
Virtually every multimillion dollar corporation has a corporate policy of "no weapons for employees", because if they shoot somebody, said corporation is going to get sued for millions of dollars. What also contributes is the liability costs for insurance if they don't have such a policy.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Precision

Post by Precision »

HTRN wrote:

Virtually every multimillion dollar corporation has a corporate policy of "no weapons for employees", because if they shoot somebody, said corporation is going to get sued for millions of dollars. What also contributes is the liability costs for insurance if they don't have such a policy.
Unless the state the situation happens in has a law like Florida's which states that if the shoot is determined to be a good shoot, the lawyer who brought the suit against the shooter must pay triple costs, triple losses...
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
BDK

Post by BDK »

The firing in the air is BS.

Waffle House, and it's patrons, strike more as the type who'd appreciate judicious marksmanship
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Precision wrote:
HTRN wrote:

Unless the state the situation happens in has a law like Florida's which states that if the shoot is determined to be a good shoot, the lawyer who brought the suit against the shooter must pay triple costs, triple losses...
And what happens when it isn't? What happens when said employee misses said robber, and kills an innocent bystander? Thus the policy of "no guns for employees"
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt