Mormon Tabernacle Choir Member Quits

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Old Grafton

Mormon Tabernacle Choir Member Quits

Post by Old Grafton »

Big woop. Says she won't support "tyranny and 'facism' ". She doesn't know enough about 'fascism' to spell it correctly, but she's against it. :roll:

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/ ... 0-07-32-14
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
First Shirt

Re: Mormon Tabernacle Choir Member Quits

Post by First Shirt »

And the line of qualified people ready to take her place stretches around the corner. My grandpa told me once, that any time you think you're irreplaceable, just stick your hand in a bucket of water. The hole you leave when you take your hand out is how much you'll be missed.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Remember when people were suing bakers for not making them a cake?

Good times.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
dfwmtx

Post by dfwmtx »

Protest means more when it's the WHOLE Tabernacle quitting.
"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia
randy

Post by randy »

It's real easy to take a stand against "tyranny and 'facism' " when you know it won't result of a knock on the door in the middle of the night, or you and your family being rousted in to jail cell, prison camp or execution site. Hell, with Barry and Friends out of office, she probably isn't even risking an IRS audit.

Once in a while during the Bush years, I'd get tired of listening to someone spout Bush=Hitler BS and tell them that they didn't really believe that, because "If you really believed that we are living in the 4th Reich, you wouldn't have the balls to open mouth". (and have a sneaking suspicion that many of them would have happily donned black and silver and be at the forefront of the mob to make sure someone else went to the camps).

One time I really bit my tongue when a vendor (who happened to be Jewish) objecting to us in security actually enforcing the rules on everyone called us Nazis. I so wanted to tell him that if I was an actual NAZI, he would have been smoke up the chimney 20 minutes ago. I hate it when my inner adult breaks through.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".