Another day, another dead homeowner

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
D5CAV

Another day, another dead homeowner

Post by D5CAV »

Nothing to see here. Move along.

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/officer ... ong-house/

Cops respond to wrong house on 911 call. Kill 60-year old white homeowner who was checking on his barking dogs.

I guess white lives don't matter. No protests. No burning of police cars. No looting of convenience stores...

Lessons learned.
- Practice opsec even when checking a casual disturbance.
- Have a weapon that can defeat body armor.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Greg

Re: Another day, another dead homeowner

Post by Greg »

If this story as reported is even remotely accurate, the fix is in. And it's not even subtle.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Precision

Post by Precision »

Greg wrote:If this story as reported is even remotely accurate, the fix is in. And it's not even subtle.

unfortunately, that is NOT news.

One reason (among many) I have trouble supporting blue lives matter and the associated cop related items. I do realize many cops are wonderful people, but I also realize that many agencies have a very deep instinct of us vs them and being beyond the law / I am the law. This certainly sounds like another instance of "just an unlucky civvie". Move along now.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

How is this not manslaughter?
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Greg

Post by Greg »

scipioafricanus wrote:How is this not manslaughter?
Hell it almost looks like a HIT.

Go to 'wrong' house, make a ruckus so the guy who lives there comes to look, shoot and kill him without warning or identifying yourself, have it fixed so the widow doesn't even get to speak at the hearing.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

And people are shocked and horrified that some "civilians" are going hunting? I'm only surprised it isn't more common.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Termite

Post by Termite »

skb12172 wrote:And people are shocked and horrified that some "civilians" are going hunting? I'm only surprised it isn't more common.
The problem is those who would do such things usually don't make it selective to the particular officer who committed the unjust killing, they just go shoot a cop who didn't have anything to do with the original shooting.

If you are going to effectively deliver an extra-legal message, it has to be very specific.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Agreed, but by their very nature, these are the segment of society that has poor impulse control and operate on instinct.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

scipioafricanus wrote:How is this not manslaughter?
Sovereign immunity.

And the cop went home at the end of his shift, that's important you know.
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

Here's a "man bites dog" story.

http://www.kristv.com/story/28151805/su ... t-officers

http://www.kristv.com/story/34045158/ma ... not-guilty

So 46 year old guy living with his elderly mother wakes up at 2am to flash bang grenades in his bedroom.

Facing "several" armed assailants who have the "drop" on him, he takes down three and walks out of the encounter.

This is a guy I want to have on my team! I'll make sure he has proper AP ammo for next time.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe