Musings.

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Rich

Musings.

Post by Rich »

Not too long ago, we had some postings decrying the tendency of the Stupid Party (you know who you are) to ignore it's younger membership and present the next man up for our elective pleasure. You know, like Dole and McClain.

Kinda sounds like what happened to Hillary, doesn't it? Since, in my opinion, Dems tend to rebound faster than Repubs, the next election cycle ought to be interesting.

I am not a Monkeys Uncle. I will admit to being a Ape's 6 Trillionth Cousin, a couple of millionths removed, but that is it.

I don't know what the one has to do with the other, but these thoughts arrived in my brain consecutively. Make of it what you will.
A weak government usually remains a servant of citizens, while a strong government usually becomes the master of its subjects.
- paraphrased from several sources

A choice, not an echo. - Goldwater campaign, 1964
Termite

Re: Musings.

Post by Termite »

Rich wrote:Since, in my opinion, Dems tend to rebound faster than Repubs, the next election cycle ought to be interesting.
Rep Tim Ryan says you are correct.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Cybrludite

Re: Musings.

Post by Cybrludite »

Problem for the Dems is that while Obama was personally popular, his policies (as a rule) have not been, and a lot of their up-and-comers have had to give up politics for honest work because of him having a boat anchor instead of coat-tails. Their farm league has been gutted. What new folks they have are in safe districts where being a raving leftist is no bar to winning office. Barring Trump being the dumpster fire they all claim he will be, they're going to have a hell of a time winning back Middle America.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.