UNUnhappy with US Marijuana Laws

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Old Grafton

Re: UNUnhappy with US Marijuana Laws

Post by Old Grafton »

HTRN wrote:
Old Grafton wrote:I despise the UN. I also damn sure don't want to work under a tuned-up crane operator or share any public space/venue/ highway with a tuned-up doper. Or drunk. Or anybody else impaired
Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

You think LAWS prevent them from operating heavy equipment while stoned/drunk?! Here's a clue, they do it NOW. :lol:
I'm no naif after working in industry for years. I've seen the stupid.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

They legalized dope in Alaska, and nothing at all changed with regards to drug testing for people in safety sensitive jobs. I would presume the same to be the case in the other states, since those are mainly federal requirements.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
dfwmtx

Post by dfwmtx »

Legalized MJ means that the money is all in the open when going to the state, whereas illegal MJ means more cartel money coming to the various levels of officials that's off the books, from the low-level local guy who turns a blind eye to a truck to the high-level politician who tells those under him to look the other way. Those UNhappy guys are probably worried about a drop in their slush funds.

Besides, why is the UN caring about MJ and related cannabis products at all? These days the big money and the big societal problems seems to be in heroin/opium and meth.
"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia
Greg

Post by Greg »

Netpackrat wrote:They legalized dope in Alaska, and nothing at all changed with regards to drug testing for people in safety sensitive jobs. I would presume the same to be the case in the other states, since those are mainly federal requirements.
Indeed.

Might need to rewrite a few DWI/DUI statutes just to clear a few things up.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Greg

Post by Greg »

Netpackrat wrote:I guess the stupid fucks don't understand that the fastest way to get it legalized in all 50 states is to convince people that it pisses off the UN.
That would be great. Lots of things the UN hates that we could use more of. :lol:
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

dfwmtx wrote:Legalized MJ means that the money is all in the open when going to the state, .
Bwahahahahahahahahahaha...

Any kind of cash and carry business is by default assumed to be cheating the tax man, add in the fact that said illicit business has been illegal for the better part of a century? All those claims about tax revenue are wildly optimistic.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

First Shirt wrote:My level of concern for what the UN thinks of anything cannot be measured in microgivashits. Bunch of baby-raping animals (and that's the good ones!). They should all eat sh!t and howl at the moon!

Strong message follows.
I'm witchoo.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D