New California Gun/Ammo laws

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
FelixEstrella

Re: New California Gun/Ammo laws

Post by FelixEstrella »

The puzzling thing about the magazine ban is .... there's no mention of calibre. Sure, I can jam 30 rounds of 223 in a standard AR magazine. But into that same magazine I can only jam 10 458 SOCOM rounds. Any legal opinions?
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

FelixEstrella wrote:The puzzling thing about the magazine ban is .... there's no mention of calibre. Sure, I can jam 30 rounds of 223 in a standard AR magazine. But into that same magazine I can only jam 10 458 SOCOM rounds. Any legal opinions?
Feel like being a test case?
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

I'd be willing to store a milk crate's volume or so if anyone needs a place to store them, and send them back once the law is struck down.

Maybe we can establish sort of a forum underground railroad. :)
FelixEstrella wrote:The puzzling thing about the magazine ban is .... there's no mention of calibre. Sure, I can jam 30 rounds of 223 in a standard AR magazine. But into that same magazine I can only jam 10 458 SOCOM rounds. Any legal opinions?
You know they'll interpret it based on whatever it will hold the most of. How many .22 rounds can you cram in there, even if it won't function? :roll:
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

Weetabix wrote:I'd be willing to store a milk crate's volume or so if anyone needs a place to store them, and send them back once the law is struck down.

Maybe we can establish sort of a forum underground railroad. :)
You know they'll interpret it based on whatever it will hold the most of. How many .22 rounds can you cram in there, even if it won't function? :roll:
By that logic all 10 round 40 S&W mags are "high cap" based on how many 9mm rounds one could cram in them.
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
pediem

Post by pediem »

I live in free territory, having escaped California long ago (after I purchased my first firearm...and now have managed to replace the pitiful 10-round mags that it came with, with proper mags). I have storage space available for sealed boxes that would be returned on request, should anyone be needful of such.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

FelixEstrella wrote:By that logic all 10 round 40 S&W mags are "high cap" based on how many 9mm rounds one could cram in them.
Oh, I'm not proposing it. I'm attempting to replicate GFW logic.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Yeah, if anybody needs to move stuff out until the Moonbeam gov't comes to it's senses, let me know. Hell, I'll even pay the shipping to send it back to you, once it's safe to do so!
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Does any of it apply to cops like when NY passed the garbage but forgot the exemptions?
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
TheArmsman

Post by TheArmsman »

I can meet at Yuma or Blythe for anybody who needs storage space.
When death is inevitable, style counts.

Survival trumps programming.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

First Shirt wrote:Yeah, if anybody needs to move stuff out until the Moonbeam gov't comes to it's senses, let me know. Hell, I'll even pay the shipping to send it back to you, once it's safe to do so!
I would think most folks in this commie state don't want to make any mention of how much ammo they have nor what types and sizes of such. If I had AR mags, I'd fill them with the largest caliber that fit - even if it wouldn't function simply because they can't FORCE you to prove those magazines would work in a .50 Beowulf, and that you KNOWINGLY keep them to violate the state law for the magazine's proper caliber.

THEY CAN KISS MY ASS!!!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad