Trump prez and Rep senate & house...

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Greg

Re: Trump prez and Rep senate & house...

Post by Greg »

HTRN wrote:
Greg wrote:You may have taken that for granted, by being too close and the improvement too gradual. Like the frog in the pot of water. But I can tell you, as someone who went away and came back, it was like a whole new world.
"But at least the trains run on time"

The change was hardly gradual. And it was done by digging up, and zealously prosecuting every statute, no matter how obscure. Or misinterpreted.
He'd be in a managerial position over a hostile bureaucracy. There is no better place for "But at least the trains run on time."
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

Weetabix wrote:
PawPaw wrote:I'm told that Pres Obama realized that his driver's license had lapsed, so he went down to the DMV to get a new one. The old one lapsed in Illinois, and he went to a DC DMV. They denied him because he didn't have a valid birth certificate.
:lol: Is this real, or are you messing with us?

If it's real, can we get a link or something to share?
I'm messing with you, dude! Sounds like a great story, though. It has just enough credibility to go viral.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

From Piers Morgan, no less. The infantilization of America continues.

:roll:
Eppur si muove--Galileo
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Greg wrote:He'd be in a managerial position over a hostile bureaucracy. There is no better place for "But at least the trains run on time."
The NYPD, hostile?! After the Dinkins administration??!! :shock:

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

He made dealing with the FCB in queens a pain in the ass to deal with.
He kicked off the trend of munis suing gun manufacturers.
NYC would never had gotten its own assault weapons law if it wasnt for him.

In short, hes not on our side.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Greg

Post by Greg »

HTRN wrote:
Greg wrote:He'd be in a managerial position over a hostile bureaucracy. There is no better place for "But at least the trains run on time."
The NYPD, hostile?! After the Dinkins administration??!! :shock:

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.... :lol: :lol: :lol:

He made dealing with the FCB in queens a pain in the ass to deal with.
He kicked off the trend of munis suing gun manufacturers.
NYC would never had gotten its own assault weapons law if it wasnt for him.

In short, hes not on our side.
The State Department.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

State brings us back to ITAR, doesn't it? I'm thinking "no thanks."
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Ok, so who else is on the wish list for State then?

Bolton is a known good on policy, an uncertain (in my mind) on ability to lead a huge Dept and drain the swamp at Foggy Bottom.

Guliani is a known risk on policy and a capable adminstrator and change agent in a large organization.

Who's the player with both those skill sets?

Romney? He is a capable administrator and large organization change agent. Is he reliable on an America First policy and willing to go hard enough into Foggy Bottom?
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Termite

Post by Termite »

When I agree 100% with a jackass like Piers Morgan, who is 100% wrong on firearm ownership.........Holy Shit..........!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

A very good article.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Here's some insights into the Trump transition and selection team from an interview with Robert Costa by Hugh Hewitt.
RC: I think it’s because he’s an outsider. It’s a lot like Jimmy Carter in ’76 or Bill Clinton in ’92, because this town, to use that phrase, I mean, it really doesn’t matter in this sense. This town of officials and pundits and journalists and former officials doesn’t know Trump, doesn’t understand Trump Tower. They don’t have a way in. And so when you don’t have a way in, or you don’t have a grasp of what’s really happening, you speculate. And you also kind of misinterpret some of these moves.

HH: I couldn’t agree more. Now Robert, you did not mention Vice President-Elect Pence in the big four overseeing the transition. And what role do he and Reince Priebus play, because they have organizational lines which are important. And are they also relevant to the transition staffing?

RC: Very relevant, and I didn’t mean to exclude them. What I meant by the four I mentioned were those I see as the core four around Trump himself. But Pence in terms of capital with Trump, influence, Priebus, they are peers. And they are working closely with the President-Elect. But the thing about Pence is he’s really right now focused on the legislation, forming an agenda for the first 100 days. I was at the Capitol all day yesterday, Hugh. I met with a lot of Senators, top committee chairmen in the House. And they think Pence is the key here for them, not, Pence is of course going to offer his counsel to Trump on cabinet appointees, but Pence has been a place for a lot of Senators to go through to say hey, maybe for this cabinet post, this is who could get confirmed, this is how much you could expect if he picked this person. So Pence is someone who really has a feel for the Hill, and that’s his role, as well as being a counselor to the President-Elect.

RTWT LINK
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story