Trump prez and Rep senate & house...

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
HTRN

Re: Trump prez and Rep senate & house...

Post by HTRN »

Thats like claiming to be the worlds tallest midget. :mrgreen:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

HTRN wrote:Thats like claiming to be the worlds tallest midget. :mrgreen:
Distressing isn't it, that as bad as Rudy was, he's the best mayor NYC has had since the 1980's when Koch left.

Dinkins. Bloomberg. DeBlasio.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

JustinR wrote:It seems Trump is appointing several well known CEO's to several positions as well. The upside to that is the possibility of a rational understanding of how the market works returning to government, rather than the career bureaucrat mentality that pollutes so much of our government right now. That's a step in a positive direction.
Sounds good in theory for the country. I wonder what happens to their companies when they leave if they're that good?
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Greg

Post by Greg »

HTRN wrote:
Greg wrote:You seem to have trouble separating ends and means.
You seem to not remember what the Guiliani administration was like.
I didn't live in the city when he was mayor. I severed all ties and swore I'd never come back during the Dinkins years.

I did however have family in the city who expressed their own opinions. I also remember being talked into visiting, and being shocked at how safe and clean everything was, that I didn't *need* the old ingrained waryness so much anymore, nor the 'I'm a serious asshole, do NOT fuck with me' field that New Yorkers who wanted to survive learned to generate.

You may have taken that for granted, by being too close and the improvement too gradual. Like the frog in the pot of water. But I can tell you, as someone who went away and came back, it was like a whole new world.

Actually I can see why you hate him now. Without him, there would be no hipsters as they would not have been able to survive otherwise.

So yes, he may be an unpleasant authoritarian prima donna. He also can achieve the impossible, and has.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Greg

Post by Greg »

MarkD wrote:
HTRN wrote:Thats like claiming to be the worlds tallest midget. :mrgreen:
Distressing isn't it, that as bad as Rudy was, he's the best mayor NYC has had since the 1980's when Koch left.

Dinkins. Bloomberg. DeBlasio.
The Koch years sucked pretty hard, too.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

In retrospect Allende' was a net good.

But yeah, always need to be cautious about just taking a guy who can get the trains to run on time.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Greg wrote:You may have taken that for granted, by being too close and the improvement too gradual. Like the frog in the pot of water. But I can tell you, as someone who went away and came back, it was like a whole new world.
"But at least the trains run on time"

The change was hardly gradual. And it was done by digging up, and zealously prosecuting every statute, no matter how obscure. Or misinterpreted.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

I'm told that Pres Obama realized that his driver's license had lapsed, so he went down to the DMV to get a new one. The old one lapsed in Illinois, and he went to a DC DMV. They denied him because he didn't have a valid birth certificate.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

PawPaw wrote:I'm told that Pres Obama realized that his driver's license had lapsed, so he went down to the DMV to get a new one. The old one lapsed in Illinois, and he went to a DC DMV. They denied him because he didn't have a valid birth certificate.
:lol: Is this real, or are you messing with us?

If it's real, can we get a link or something to share?
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
JustinR

Post by JustinR »

PawPaw wrote:I'm told that Pres Obama realized that his driver's license had lapsed, so he went down to the DMV to get a new one. The old one lapsed in Illinois, and he went to a DC DMV. They denied him because he didn't have a valid birth certificate.
LOL...nice.
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL