Trump prez and Rep senate & house...

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Greg

Re: Trump prez and Rep senate & house...

Post by Greg »

Tom Kratman for SecDef. ;)
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
Catbird

Post by Catbird »

Since we're dreaming, I've always fantasized about a new president, sometime in the first 100 days, making a formal, polite request to North Korea for the return of the USS Pueblo. Sometime 4-8 days later, the Pueblo mysteriously explodes into softball sized chunks in the middle of the night. No further comment from the U.S. government... except maybe, "Nevermind".

Oh, and Ted Nugent?... Ambassador to the UN, or any cabinet position really.
"If at first you don't succeed, that's one data point." XKCD
evan price

Post by evan price »

Alan Gura for Attorney General.
Ted Cruz Scotus.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
tfbncc

Post by tfbncc »

Hear me out here...

(snip) Bringing her to trial will be reported in the LSM as Trump trying to put his political opponent in jail. It would be divisive. It most certainly would make an already divided nation even worse. Especially if she's as sick as she seems to be, she's not gonna be around long.

Pardon her, he's merciful, he's allowing her to live out her days, and he can say he's doing it for the good of the nation (very much like Ford's pardon of Nixon, where he killed his on political future but avoided what would have been an absolute shitstorm).

Discuss.....
OK, I could go along with this. But in lieu of putting Hillary in a new, orange pantsuit, I want to see the following:

1: Fire James Comey
2: Appoint a special prosecutor to thoroughly and aggressively investigate the second tier criminals (Huma Abedin, Valerie Jarret, et al) and anyone that willfully aided and abetted the delay, obfuscation, and destruction of evidence in the Hillary e-mail scandal. Prosecute those that can be proven to have broken the law including any and all security violations. Those that can't be prosecuted, pull their security clearances, make it almost impossible for them to work in DC ever again. Dismantle the infrastructure of the Democratic political machine.
3: Clean out the political appointees from the past administration

I don't know how well Pres-elect Trump will be able to work with congress. That remains to be seen. But for all other issues that don't require the advice and consent such as cabinet posts, directorships, anyone that serves at the pleasure of the president, etc, I want to see the new Washington DC version of "The Apprentice".

Sit back and watch the panic as we use their own tactics against them.

But I doubt that it will happen. But I can still dream.
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

I think pardoning Hillary might just be a stroke of genius because you don't need a pardon if you've done nothing wrong and such a thing would follow her into the history books.
Denis

Post by Denis »

Have been thoroughly enjoying watching empty heads explode over here...

I rather suspect O'bama will, on his last day of office, blanket-pardon both Clintons, Huma Abedin and anybody else with dirty hands, since he well knows that if they go down, they'll give up evidence to take him down too.

I thought Trump's comments upon his election were both reserved and conciliatory. Will be interested to see his cabinet appointments. Will also be interested to see if the progs and FSA take to rioting, and whether someone won't have a go at offing Trump between now and inauguration day.
Denis

Post by Denis »

Kommander wrote:I think pardoning Hillary might just be a stroke of genius because you don't need a pardon if you've done nothing wrong and such a thing would follow her into the history books.
That would be sneaky; publicly offer to pardon her if she publicly asks for it, thereby proving her guilt to all and sundry. Even if she were to be successfully prosecuted, she'd certainly never see a day behind bars at her age and given her obvious ill health, so pardoning her would change nothing.
Denis

Post by Denis »

BTW, the links in this Maggie's Farm post are worth making a fresh cup of coffee before reading...

http://maggiesfarm.anotherdotcom.com/ar ... -2016.html
McClarkus

Post by McClarkus »

Good article at Maggies. Not what I was expecting, since Maggies Farm is a huge marijuana business here in Colorado... Josh Ernst comes out yesterday and says a Klinton pardon is not to be ruled out.
One secret to life. Step #1 - Find something you enjoy doing. Step #2 - Find someone foolish enough to pay you to do it.
Termite

Post by Termite »

Walton & Johnson have been on a roll since Wed morning. And it is hilarious.

They've been playing a spoof of "Another Brick in the Wall".

"We don't need no immigration.......,
We don't need no gun control......
:lol: :lol: :lol:
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."