Trump prez and Rep senate & house...

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Kommander

Re: Trump prez and Rep senate & house...

Post by Kommander »

MarkD wrote:One of my co-workers just said that while watching the returns he felt the same way he did on 9/11.

Pardon me while I go make coffee from Liberal tears....
I find this absolutely disgusting. We took 8 years of Obama, and while we did not like it we did not devolve into the wholesale hysterics that is now consuming much of the left.
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Hey, it's the day after the election, one can gloat just a bit, can't they? ;)
Eppur si muove--Galileo
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Kommander wrote:
MarkD wrote:One of my co-workers just said that while watching the returns he felt the same way he did on 9/11.

Pardon me while I go make coffee from Liberal tears....
I find this absolutely disgusting. We took 8 years of Obama, and while we did not like it we did not devolve into the wholesale hysterics that is now consuming much of the left.
Oh, I agree.

To put it in perspective we were both at work in Brooklyn, ny on 9/11. I saw the first tower fall live with my own eyes.

I hope to God nothing ever compares to that for me.

But then again, he's a liberal. Bush was just like Hitler, and opposing Obama makes you a nazi.
dfwmtx

Post by dfwmtx »

At least the Bush=Hitler shit didn't start until we went into Iraq. All this "Trump is the new Hitler" stuff started the day he announced his campaign. Queen Ranavalona wanted to build a wall around her country and no one calls her a Nazi, the east Germans built a wall on their border and no one called them Nazis.
And for the next 4-8 years (or whenever a D gets control of the White House again), tht gey're going to frame things as "the US is full of racists/sexists/bigots/homophones/etc who couldn't elect a woman". Yes, because if having a vagina was the only qualification for president, they would've elected Sarah Palin back in '08 (OK, technically voted for McCain, but future historians traveling to an alternate dimension where McCain/Palin won in '08 revealed McCain wasn't able to take the stress of the job, and he died of a heart attack after 3 months of being the president, leaving Palin to become the 45th president and the first woman president of the United States).
"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

MarkD wrote:Discuss.....
The politically expedient (and probably necessary) thing to do would be to pardon her. It would show him as merciful while obviating an excuse for the willfully blind and the FSA to riot.

Prosecuting would be just, but we have enough problems already.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Politically, I should have been a Cruz guy (Walker was my guy). But there is something about him I do not trust. He would have been painted as a Southern preacher (think Elmer Ganty) for right or wrong.

Trump should put him on the Supreme Court. Could he vote for himself in confirmation?
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Weetabix wrote:
MarkD wrote:Discuss.....
The politically expedient (and probably necessary) thing to do would be to pardon her. It would show him as merciful while obviating an excuse for the willfully blind and the FSA to riot.

Prosecuting would be just, but we have enough problems already.
Politics being the art of the possible, and taking a long view, let history remember her as Nixon is remembered now. Better that we keep both houses and get constitutionalists in the supreme Court. Better that than spend the political capital on someone who will probably be dead in ten years and who could become a martyr.
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

MarkD wrote: Politics being the art of the possible, and taking a long view, let history remember her as Nixon is remembered now. Better that we keep both houses and get constitutionalists in the supreme Court. Better that than spend the political capital on someone who will probably be dead in ten years and who could become a martyr.
This. This. This. This. Put a TRUSTWORTHY loooooooooooooooooooooooong lock on the Supreme Court. As. Soon. As. Possible.
I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Cybrludite wrote:Sweet tap-dancing Frejya! The melt-down of the leftist Eloi on Facebook has to be seen to be believed.
I grew up in NYC, and my high school was a magnet school attended by the intellectual elite (often only in their own minds). Many old friends close and not so close in my friend list on FB.

I have seen tales of the block party at Clinton and President Streets in my feed. And the literal weeping. My HS friends' kids are in a newspaper photo of said block party that made the NY Daily News and was floating around online.

I've been trying *really* hard to keep my sadistic streak in check. :lol:
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Someone that comments on Liberal sites needs to throw down, "So if you think Trumps is nuts and a coup just happened, how do you feel about the 2nd Amendment now?"
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka