Trump prez and Rep senate & house...

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Weetabix

Re: Trump prez and Rep senate & house...

Post by Weetabix »

I got almost everything I voted for last night and almost nothing I wanted. But as I think about it, I wonder if Cruz could have won against the Hildebeast. He's not as inflammatory as Trump. Trump lit a fire under a lot of people who probably would not otherwise have voted.

But... I'm not counting Hillary out until the Electoral College actually drives the stake through her heart.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
randy

Post by randy »

So, the Hildebeast, showing typical Clinton Class, is not making a public statement until 1030ET this morning.

Is the delay due to the approximate time the tranquilizer darts wear off? And how much damage/how many casualties did her Election HQ sustain before they could put her down? :twisted:
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

randy wrote: Is the delay due to the approximate time the tranquilizer darts wear off? And how much damage/how many casualties did her Election HQ sustain before they could put her down? :twisted:
I think they just dodged her until the batteries ran down. Takes a while to recharge them, I guess. Or maybe she overheated the hydraulics, and they had to change the fluids before they could let her out.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

Here are my comments this morning from Facebook, since I spent a lot of time thinking about it over the last few days:
Well,here's my take on the election. I won't get into the issues, I'll just get into how we wound up with the two WORST presidential candidates in DECADES, and how one of them won.
I've seen very few people who were enthusiastic supporters of either candidate, but the majority of people were enthusiastically OPPOSED to one of them, so held their nose and voted for the other.
I'll do the Democrats first, because it's somewhat simpler. The DNC put super delegates in place after a past election cycle where they'd selected their party insider to be the candidate, and a political nobody came out of left field and won the primaries. The insider was Hillary Clinton and the political nobody was a junior Senator from Illinois named Barack Obama. Super delegates insure that the party gets to pick the candidate. In the primaries Bernie Sanders was winning, but the DNC chose Clinton. It's REALLY not a good idea to tell your supporters that their votes don't count in the primary, then expect them to come out to vote in the General election. People will stay home in droves.
Now for the Republicans. The RNC doesn't have super delegates (I'm tempted to say "yet", and I hope the lesson I give above makes sure that they don't, but there's a reason we call the Republican Party the Stupid Party). They still have their party insiders though, and their intended candidates (usually a Bush). So we had a bunch of insiders (Bush, Kasich, Christie, and to a somewhat lesser extent Rubio) trying to get the nomination, and two outsiders (Trump and Cruz). Bush and Rubio bled primary votes from Cruz, putting Trump into the lead. Had those two dropped out early, Cruz wins the primary handily (and probably beats Clinton like a rented mule). Trump, being Trump, says things that make the newspapers and gets free advertizing.
So we have two candidates that nobody LIKES, but lots of people DESPISE. We have one party that's disenfranchised a significant portion of its membership, some of those people will turn out anyway because of their hatred of the other candidate, some will stay home, vote third party, or just not vote in the Presidential election. The other party is pretty much ignoring its candidate, and that's fine with him. He knows that the people who hate him won't vote for him anyway, so he doesn't waste his time trying to change their minds. He says things in a way that make the newspapers, so he gets free advertising (again). His great appeal is that he's NOT a party insider (for people who are tired of voting for a member of the Bush family, or who are tired of voting for the person who lost the primary to the person who lost the election).
So that's how we wound up with the candidates we did. It's how the voters got royally ticked off at the parties, and perhaps both parties will be remade now (which would be a good thing).
So that's my take,for what it's worth. As Jeff Cooper said, "Every hunting trip is a qualified success, and every election is a qualified failure."
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

If he follows thru on just 1/2 of his "first day" promises it'll be a grand day for liberty and of hope for the Constitution.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

There's irony in the fact that it was leftist George Bernard Shaw who observed,
"The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man."
The pundits wisdom is that the GOP insider old guard created Trump. I can see that to a large degree.

However, to a larger degree I think the media created (the need for?) Trump with their unflagging, lockstep advocacy for the DNC. <Journolist anyone?>

All the Republicans could put forward aside from Trump were "reasonable" men and women as candidates. You can debate just how reasonable Cruz was but... heh.

Only a candidate as "unreasonable" in his understanding and use of media as Trump could out message the DNC's media colluders.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Durham68

Post by Durham68 »

Weetabix wrote:I got almost everything I voted for last night and almost nothing I wanted. But as I think about it, I wonder if Cruz could have won against the Hildebeast. He's not as inflammatory as Trump. Trump lit a fire under a lot of people who probably would not otherwise have voted.

But... I'm not counting Hillary out until the Electoral College actually drives the stake through her heart.
As much as I like Cruz, and I think he would have schooled Clinton in all 3 debates, Trump's most enthusiastic supporters despised Cruz and would not have turned out for him. Cruz would have been saddled with all the electoral negatives that come with being a social con without the benefit of the level of support Trump got from the white working class in the rust belt and upper mid-west.
"Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy"
Gunnuts

Post by Gunnuts »

I’m not going to be happy until I get to download the clinton concession speech murder-suicide video in HD.

Two to bill’s head and one in her mouth. BOOYAH!! >:-]
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Trump may just make Cruz possible...

Cruz may start to look like the "reasonable man."

JustinR

Post by JustinR »

I figured it was going to be a close election, but Trump actually pulling it off in the face of such blatant and open voter fraud is really quite telling of just how angry and upset a large number of people are in this country about being forgotten by Washington DC. So far it looks like Clinton won the popular vote by 170,000, which is a razor thin margin. Of course, she won VA by 60,000 votes, probably those same 60,000 felons that were illegally given the right to vote. I am certainly going to enjoy watching liberal heads explode.
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL