Well, I voted

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Rich Jordan

Re: Well, I voted

Post by Rich Jordan »

Didn't matter for prez since ill annoy would vote satan in if he had (D) by his name. He wasn't on the ballot so they went for the wicked witch instead.

We lost our F- Rino senator and got a F--- Democrat, so now Durbin and Duckworth. Effectively no representation unless you're a doctrinaire hard leftist. I want out of this state...

Three important referendums went the right way. IL Constitutional amendment that all moneys raised by and for traffic/freeway related things cannot be spent or re-allocated to other uses passed. Combining two crook county offices into one passed (will save money for a while till the graft squad gets full control again), and we saved a local park here in our town outskirts that was going to be "traded" for a downtown school; that land would be turned into a park for the downtowners and we'd have a huge elementary school built one block from our house, 5 blocks off any major street. So no park and huge traffic and endless lines of busses tying up the streets during morning rush...

And I did my usual vote against retention for every (non-partisan, ha!) circuit court judge in the county. I know there's a few good ones in there but most are patronage jobs and too many of them are not clean. Unfortunately all the unions and ward heelers in shitcago make a point of getting all there members to vote for retention across the board, so its rare for any of them to get booted unless they get caught with sticky fingers...
dfwmtx

Post by dfwmtx »

So what do y'all think Hillary is doing right now?
In a secret ICU somewhere, recovering from a stroke?
Drinking heavily/passed out drunk somewhere?
Shoving cash and untraceable bearer bonds into suitcases, and incriminating documents into cross-cut shredders while Chelsea is making arrangements for a private flight to a non-extradition country?
======
I blew poll workers minds yesterday by using my CHL as ID. :lol: I was more amused by their reaction than the time I handed over my CHL to the TSA at the airport.
"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia
randy

Post by randy »

dfwmtx wrote:So what do y'all think Hillary is doing right now?
A couple of possibilities here and here
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

dfwmtx wrote:So what do y'all think Hillary is doing right now?
In a secret ICU somewhere, recovering from a stroke?
Drinking heavily/passed out drunk somewhere?
Shoving cash and untraceable bearer bonds into suitcases, and incriminating documents into cross-cut shredders while Chelsea is making arrangements for a private flight to a non-extradition country?
I wouldn't mind watching the lot of them stretch ropes.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Rich Jordan wrote:I want out of this state...
Come join us in lovely Missouri. We're just across the river. We've got better gun laws and... cookies!
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Colorado went blue as expected. The single payer health care proposal went south, though, and by huge margins. The minimum wage increase did pass; the last time this happened prices went up overnight, on everything. Way to go.

One bright spot, hopefully: California approved recreational marijuana. Maybe now a lot of the Californian transplants will move back to where they came from. :roll:
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Durham68

Post by Durham68 »

Rich Jordan wrote:
We lost our F- Rino senator and got a F--- Democrat, so now Durbin and Duckworth. Effectively no representation unless you're a doctrinaire hard leftist. I want out of this state...
Welcome to my world. We did manage to gain seats in the state senate but not enough.
"Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy"
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

TheArmsman wrote:
Netpackrat wrote:
Greg wrote:Looks like Trump is taking all those states.

Imagine what the margin would be *without* cheating.
Cue the lamentations of the women.
My fiance is already wailing and crying. Saying she won't be able to afford health insurance, that we will have an environmental wasteland, and is a setback for women's rights. I just keep quiet.
You shoul have asked what shes doing out of the kitchen. :ugeek: :o :mrgreen:

2017: Thus began the age of the Shitlords..
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Rich Jordan wrote:Three important referendums went the right way. IL Constitutional amendment that all moneys raised by and for traffic/freeway related things cannot be spent or re-allocated to other uses passed. Combining two crook county offices into one passed (will save money for a while till the graft squad gets full control again), and we saved a local park here in our town outskirts that was going to be "traded" for a downtown school; that land would be turned into a park for the downtowners and we'd have a huge elementary school built one block from our house, 5 blocks off any major street. So no park and huge traffic and endless lines of busses tying up the streets during morning rush...
Problem with the roads: They are just going to make sure the pensions are funded. That is why the Unions wanted it.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Greg

Post by Greg »

Weetabix wrote:
Rich Jordan wrote:I want out of this state...
Come join us in lovely Missouri. We're just across the river. We've got better gun laws and... cookies!
I have IL fairly close by to the north AND east. Well, to the north is much nicer (Calhoun County). You can pick which river to cross. There are bridges and ferries. Plentiful housing.

I really like what I've seen of downstate Illinois, but I wouldn't live there by choice. I feel bad for the folks there, they have roots holding them in a bad spot, subjects of Cook County.
Maybe we're just jaded, but your villainy is not particularly impressive. -Ennesby

If you know what you're doing, you're not learning anything. -Unknown
Sanity is the process by which you continually adjust your beliefs so they are predictively sound. -esr