Well, I voted

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Netpackrat

Re: Well, I voted

Post by Netpackrat »

Greg wrote:Looks like Trump is taking all those states.

Imagine what the margin would be *without* cheating.
Cue the lamentations of the women.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
TheArmsman

Post by TheArmsman »

Netpackrat wrote:

My fiance is already wailing and crying. Saying she won't be able to afford health insurance, that we will have an environmental wasteland, and is a setback for women's rights. I just keep quiet.
When death is inevitable, style counts.

Survival trumps programming.
AlaskaTRX

Post by AlaskaTRX »

TheArmsman wrote:
Netpackrat wrote:

My fiance is already wailing and crying. Saying she won't be able to afford health insurance, that we will have an environmental wasteland, and is a setback for women's rights. I just keep quiet.
Those that choose not to work usually can't buy stuff unless someone else is picking up the tab... fiancé you say??? Good luck with that ;)
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

Well, I wasn't expecting last night's result at all.

My soccer fan friends in St. Louis will all be wailing and gnashing teeth.

So I kind of hope come 2018, the US wins the World Cup and the Blues win the Stanley Cup just so their tears will be even saltier when the teams meet President Trump.

And another World Series win by the Cardinals would be nice, too, if only to remind Chicago they had one choice: Hillary or the Cubs.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

Well, that just happened. This puts the final nail in the coffin for my political predictions going back to the start of this thing.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Jericho941 wrote:Well, that just happened. This puts the final nail in the coffin for my political predictions going back to the start of this thing.
BOOM!!!!

I've been telling people to simply ignore the polls and vote your choice. I LOVE seeing egg on the faces of News executives!!!
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

The polls and the rallies have not been matching up at all, and it looks like the rallies were right.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

Cybrludite wrote:The polls and the rallies have not been matching up at all, and it looks like the rallies were right.
I'd been thinking for quite some time that this would be a measure of the Brexit polling effect and the ability of the Dems to rig the voting. I wasn't sure which one was stronger, but based on rallies, I figured the Brexit effect was stronger.

But I wasn't brave enough to voice my opinion to too many people. :D
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

As for youtube--I watched the festivities at the Klinton Kampaign HQ on youbube last night. Arfcom took over the comments section, it was glorious. It was in very poor taste, but dang, it was glorious. :lol:
Eppur si muove--Galileo