Well, I voted

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Rich

Well, I voted

Post by Rich »

Took advantage of early voting and voted yesterday. They were the infamous Diebold machines, so I have no idea how many times I voted for Hillary. It was only an eight page ballot, and as usual I split my choices. I won't say who I voted for Big Kahuna so as not to influence anyone.

For anyone familiar with El Paso, it was held at Bassett Mall which is a single story smallish mall boasting a Target at one end and a Costco at the other. It's a comfortable place. The voting line stretched about a third of the way down the mall. The line moved right along though. Eventually I got near where they were actually voting and discovered there was a handicapped line, so I arose from my walker and took advantage. Actual voting went pretty quickly.

These days I am among the transportationaly disadvantaged, so I consider early voting a blessing. Being beholden to others really sucks. Having several days to choose from really helps.

As usual, my battle cry at the polls is "Vote the Rascals In". ;)
A weak government usually remains a servant of citizens, while a strong government usually becomes the master of its subjects.
- paraphrased from several sources

A choice, not an echo. - Goldwater campaign, 1964
scipioafricanus

Re: Well, I voted

Post by scipioafricanus »

I like the option, but I am in Illinois on the south side of Chicago/Crook County. Voting early leaves them more time to steal my vote.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Colorado has gone to all mail balloting. I mailed mine yesterday, for all the good it will do.

I fear that massive vote fraud will occur. I think the legitimacy of the republic is in peril.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

I think that boat done sailed.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
dfwmtx

Post by dfwmtx »

I come up with conspiracy theories for fun. One I've entertained is that this election will not be decided by voters, but hackers. I remember a claim by Annonymous which I found reading dailykos back in 2008 where they claimed they'd shut down some program Karl Rove was using to manipulate vote tallies. Flash forward to mid-way during the Obama presidency, I remember reports of hackers involved with Annonymous being arrested. I've heard of it happening plenty of times: hacker gets busted for crime, hacker then turns around and works in cyber-security for the .gov or the biz they hacked. Flash-forward to this election season. There's plenty on the left tying Trump to Russia, some even saying that Trump speeches have echoed information that Russian hackers have gleamed from us.gov or Dem.partei computers. Mix it all together, my latest conspiracy du jour has the 2016 election being decided between US.gov hackers/Annonymous and Russian hackers.
Of course I was binge-watching "Mr. Robot" during this period, so YMMV.

And every time I read this thread title, my mental voice reads it in the same way you'd hear some guy say "well, I went to see the doctor for my annual prostate exam..."
"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

scipioafricanus wrote:I like the option, but I am in Illinois on the south side of Chicago/Crook County. Voting early leaves them more time to steal my vote.
If they're using electronic diebold machines, it doesn't matter when you vote, they're doing it right in the machine.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

HTRN wrote:
scipioafricanus wrote:I like the option, but I am in Illinois on the south side of Chicago/Crook County. Voting early leaves them more time to steal my vote.
If they're using electronic diebold machines, it doesn't matter when you vote, they're doing it right in the machine.
I can go with a paper one. They have to do a little more work then, like throwing it away.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

They dont bother with vote rigging except in states where the vote actually matters, like Florida, pennsylvania, North Carolina, and Ohio. :ugeek:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Mike OTDP

Post by Mike OTDP »

I did my patriotic duty this afternoon.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

ivoted.jpg
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop