Trump explained?

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Weetabix

Trump explained?

Post by Weetabix »

This seems to make a lot of good points: How Half Of America Lost Its F**king Mind

I'd never explored the Cracked website. I always sort of assumed it was the same thing as the magazine of my misspent youth. It may be worth looking into.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Kommander

Re: Trump explained?

Post by Kommander »

Some of it is interesting, but Hillary does not have a lock on all urban areas as the article makes it sound like Arizona and Texas, just as examples, have large urban areas that have reliably voted for Republicans. Could change this time around though, have to see. It would be nice if they wrote an article about how the other half of the country lost its fucking mind and voted for a criminal oligarchic.
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

I think the guy is spot on with why most people picked Trump. I am pretty sure that everyone here ain't exactly "normal".

Both sides are pretty much made up of people cheering for their team. It's doesn't matter what it is actually going on, team first. So you basically have the normal people picking someone for their team. The collectivist/city folk/lefties anointed the wicked witch of the west, with a large screaming minority wanting even harder, seemingly nicer, Comrade Bernie. The other side is just so sick of the crap they went for the guy that just pisses people off. Like the article author said, brick through the window.

My wife is all pro-Trump. Yet, she agrees with everything I point out wrong about him. She just doesn't give a shit anymore. She doesn't trust the R's and hates the D's. To paraphrase, if we can't fix it, let them suffer too.
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

Cobar wrote:I think the guy is spot on with why most people picked Trump. I am pretty sure that everyone here ain't exactly "normal".

Both sides are pretty much made up of people cheering for their team. It's doesn't matter what it is actually going on, team first. So you basically have the normal people picking someone for their team. The collectivist/city folk/lefties anointed the wicked witch of the west, with a large screaming minority wanting even harder, seemingly nicer, Comrade Bernie. The other side is just so sick of the crap they went for the guy that just pisses people off. Like the article author said, brick through the window.

My wife is all pro-Trump. Yet, she agrees with everything I point out wrong about him. She just doesn't give a shit anymore. She doesn't trust the R's and hates the D's. To paraphrase, if we can't fix it, let them suffer too.
Its really simple about all that stuff. I. Dont. Care.
Anything that pokes a stick in the eye of the left. My philsophy is Churchill 1941 when it comes to the culture war at this point.
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
JustinR

Post by JustinR »

Trump is the result of people not thinking the politicians are listening any more (and they are right), and the GOP stonewalling against Cruz. People are so fed up with the system, they are willing to vote for Trump just to shake up the status quo, no matter what Trump does or says.

The guy at Cracked clearly gets that.
Last edited by JustinR on Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

Lots of folks are thinking like that. We elected a Republican majority in both the House and the Senate, and told them to fix things. As far as I know, we still don't have a budget, which is decidedly the House's domain. Both parties have forgotten the sensible job of governing, being too angry at the other side.

I'm tired of politicians acting like we're beholden to them. Republicans have forgotten their core principles: small government, balanced budgets, entitlement reform, immigration. AFAIK, they haven't done a damn thing on any of them.

The Dems, or course, have stood by and let the president weaponize the IRS and FBI against his enemies. Don't get me started on Koskinen or Comey. Both of those assholes deserve to be in jail. Comey has raped the idea of the rule of law, and Koskinen is openly in contempt of anyone who wants him to treat people fairly.

The urban/rural political divide is growing deeper, and we need adults in Congress and the alphabet bureaucracies to bring sobriety back to government. Neither political party is providing adult leadership. The Republicans have nominated a martinet, and the Democrats have nominated a known felon.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

Paw paw to be fair to congress it's tough to get much of anything through the threat of a presidential veto when you don't have a super majority.
evan price

Post by evan price »

I've posted that in this election both sides have basically told the undecided voters to go to hell and just instead pandered 100% to their bases.
I'm in the camp that won't vote for Hillary and can't vote for Trump.... But I'm getting mad enough to wish to inflict trump on the rest of the country.
Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc

http://ohioccwforums.org/
Ohioans for Concealed Carry:THE source for Ohio CCW information and discussion!
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

Kommander wrote:Paw paw to be fair to congress it's tough to get much of anything through the threat of a presidential veto when you don't have a super majority.
Pass good legislation and let him veto it. Harry Reid didn't have any trouble going nuclear when he had a small margin and MItch (hack, spit) McConnell suddenly wants to play by the rules? He's worthless as tits on a boar-hog.

At least then, Congress could say, rightly, that they're passing good legislation and the obstructionist Democrat president is vetoing it. I'd send him a bill a week and let him veto every one of them. I'm not even sure at this point, are we operating on a budget or a continuing resolution? Google doesn't help me after three whiskys.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

That's either not enough whiskey, or too much Google.

And, yeah, it's yet ANOTHER continuing resolution. We haven't had a budget in several years.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom