Once again, Trump shows he's an @$$

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
dfwmtx

Re: Once again, Trump shows he's an @$$

Post by dfwmtx »

Kinda like how dropping A-bombs on them has erased the blood on Japanese hands, Bill Clinton getting impeached for Monica has sent memory of all his other sexual misadventures, including the one "you might wanna put some ice on that", down the Democratic party memory hole. And this can't be used to shame Hillary by proxy, since the Clintons have no shame.

As long as we're talking about how bad Trump is, we're not talking about how bad Hillary Clinton is. Which is what they want.
"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

This election brings nothing to the table but a bunch of people trying to one-up each other with new heights of "whataboutism"
Rich

Post by Rich »

Lifted from Jerry Pournelles Chaos Manor.
I could go on, but I submit these are more important issues than a locker room seduction story told ten years ago. Sure it was raw, and embarrassing. We would rather have a President who was more dignified. But after all, he was a Democrat when he told that story. Now he knows better.
A weak government usually remains a servant of citizens, while a strong government usually becomes the master of its subjects.
- paraphrased from several sources

A choice, not an echo. - Goldwater campaign, 1964
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

Jericho941 wrote:This election brings nothing to the table but a bunch of people trying to one-up each other with new heights of "whataboutism"
I have had this problem as well. Every time you bring up a negative point about a candidate to one of their supporters they simply tell you why the other candidate is worse. It's a sort of "race to the bottom" where the only objective is to be the least horrible choice for the most number of people.

As an aside I am quite sick of republicans holding the Supreme Court hostage. "Vote for McCain/Romney/Trump or the second amendment is doomed!" Fuck that. I am done with this lesser of two disgusting, horrible evils stuff. If this is the best America can do than we deserve what we get. We're not voting out way out of this mess anyway, so it's all a bit academic to me.
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

I daresay the Supreme Court is the best reason to keep FHRC out of the White House.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

Darrell wrote:I daresay the Supreme Court is the best reason to keep FHRC out of the White House.
Especially the Supreme Court, but also federal judges at all levels. You may have noticed that the 2nd Amendment on the whole has not been doing too well in the courts lately.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

Trump has waffled on 2A issues. Hillary has not. So I will roll the dice, put a clothespin on my nose, a wine cork in my ass, a pipe clamp on my dick and bet on Trump.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

I see these pictures going around of Chelsea and Bill sitting in the audience at the debate, with the funny captions. And the thing that really strikes me about them is how much she is looking like Webb Hubble these days. The resemblance is just uncanny.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

randy wrote:
Darrell wrote: I suspect I'm going to be thoroughly disgusted by the time this election is over.
Going to be? I've been there for months.
Three rings, no waiting. :roll:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Old Grafton

Post by Old Grafton »

I'm not old--It's too early to be this late.