At the base of Trump's support.

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Termite

At the base of Trump's support.

Post by Termite »

If you drive anywhere in Pennsylvania, from the turnpike to the old U.S. routes to the dirt roads connecting small towns like Hooversville with “bigger” small towns like Somerset, you might conclude that Donald Trump is ahead in this state by double digits.

Large signs, small signs, homemade signs, signs that wrap around barns, signs that go from one end of a fence to another, all dot the landscape with such frequency that, if you were playing the old-fashioned road-trip game of counting cows, you would hit 100 in just one small town like this one.

In Ruffsdale, I am pretty sure I saw more than 100 Trump signs.
It's as if people here have not turned on the television to hear pundits drone on and on about how badly Trump is losing in Pennsylvania.

It's not just visual: In interview after interview in all corners of the state, I've found that Trump's support across the ideological spectrum remains strong. Democrats, Republicans, independents, people who have not voted in presidential elections for years......
LINK
Rush spoke about this yesterday. I find it interesting, because Trump signs are quite evident in south Louisiana, but Hillary signs are few and far between.

Here's a Gallup survey on Trump, based on 87,000 interviews: A massive new study debunks a widespread theory for Donald Trump’s success
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Jered

Re: At the base of Trump's support.

Post by Jered »

I regularly see 4x8 Trump signs up here, but, I don't think I've seen a Hillary one.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Glenmorangie

Post by Glenmorangie »

Radio said today, that H is ahead of T 29% in urban zip codes, and T is ahead of H 20% in non urban zip codes.

Lower population density in a zip code = lower rate of H supporters .
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

http://www.weeklystandard.com/trumps-po ... le/2003962

The GOP wins or looses in the suburbs and the suburbs can't stand Trump. This is not surprising.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/43 ... tion-loser

So now that Trump is abandoning his pretend opposition to amnesty and showing that he has always been to the left of even squishes like Jeb and Rubio on immigration, can we get some kind of apology from the Trumpkins who supported this looser in the primary?
dfwmtx

Post by dfwmtx »

He's also echoing Democrats' lines on US gun laws arming the Mexican drug cartels:
go and read

Nothing about the BATFE being told to look the other way on straw purchases, nothing about the deadliest arms coming up from the southern border of Mexico, nothing about Mex.mil soldiers deserting and taking their guns with them; nope, it's 'Murica's fault (the usual liberal line of blame).
"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia
Precision

Post by Precision »

This election is like climbing into an outhouse, dropping a lit stick of dynamite in the cesspool and deciding now would be a good time to take a long shit.

I am at least getting out of the outhouse. I am voting for the candidate I can vote for. Johnson.

He is not perfect, but I agree with him way more than I disagree with him. My voting this way does not take away from Trump or add to hellary. I vote with a (mostly) clear conscience. The best thing that can happen with this election is the destruction of the two party monopoly. The worst thing, I have no idea, but it could be BADDDDDDDD.

I am not ready, but I am girded.
"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
My little part of the blogosphere. http://blogletitburn.wordpress.com/
randy

Post by randy »

My only problem with voting for Johnson is the statist hoplophobe scumbag he picked for VP. Weld is as much a Libertarian as Bloomberg and Trump are Republicans, i.e. opportunist power hungry pigs that picked a party because that's where a slot was available. A major fail in the judgement block if nothing else.

If it looks close in November, I may vote Trump on the assumption that while he will probably be a nightmare, she will definitely be a nightmare.

Either way I know who's winning the presidency this year: An arrogant statist narcissistic egotist with delusions of grandeur, totally unsuited to being in a position of authority, with no respect for the Constitution or the Rule of Law.

I'll probably just ignore the top slot on the ballot and concentrate on the other races.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Libertarian presidential nominee Gary Johnson has apologized after he accepted a gift Sunday from rival Austin Petersen — a replica of George Washington’s flintlock pistol — before tossing it in the garbage.

Mr. Petersen tearfully presented Mr. Johnson with the pistol as a symbol of party unity during the Libertarian Party convention in Orlando, Florida, Fox News reported.

“You have my sword, and you have my gun,” he said, as the nominee accepted the gift.

Fox News reported that Mr. Johnson then “unceremoniously chucked it in the garbage can.”

News of the incident started as a rumor on social media before both Mr. Johnson and Mr. Petersen confirmed it to Fox News Wednesday.

“It’s a very prized possession of mine,” Mr. Petersen lamented. “You don’t expect to get slighted like that.”
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... s-gift-of/
Eppur si muove--Galileo
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

Darrell wrote:
Libertarian presidential nominee Gary Johnson has apologized after he accepted a gift Sunday from rival Austin Petersen — a replica of George Washington’s flintlock pistol — before tossing it in the garbage.

Mr. Petersen tearfully presented Mr. Johnson with the pistol as a symbol of party unity during the Libertarian Party convention in Orlando, Florida, Fox News reported.

“You have my sword, and you have my gun,” he said, as the nominee accepted the gift.

Fox News reported that Mr. Johnson then “unceremoniously chucked it in the garbage can.”

News of the incident started as a rumor on social media before both Mr. Johnson and Mr. Petersen confirmed it to Fox News Wednesday.

“It’s a very prized possession of mine,” Mr. Petersen lamented. “You don’t expect to get slighted like that.”
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/201 ... s-gift-of/
Wow, what a douche.
If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka