Obama helps me decide my vote

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
randy

Obama helps me decide my vote

Post by randy »

I read a quote from his speech last night that "Nobody is more qualified to be president than Hilary Clinton"

So that's who I'm casting my presidential vote for. Nobody. ;)

Or Terence Hill :ugeek:
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
Darrell

Re: Obama helps me decide my vote

Post by Darrell »

I gather Zero managed to mention himself 119 times or such in the course of his speech endorsing HRC.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
McClarkus

Post by McClarkus »

If I selected only one issue and it was the one most pertinent on this forum, it would be guns. Or rather our right to legally use them as needed. With that in mind I would be more concerned about the damage to those rights that the Hildebeast would do through her supreme court nominations than I would about Trump's various well known wild cards. The SCOUTUS issue will last a generation and a Trump presidency will be over in 4 years. I believe a non-vote, is actually vote for the Hildebeast.
One secret to life. Step #1 - Find something you enjoy doing. Step #2 - Find someone foolish enough to pay you to do it.
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

A vote for "nobody" or some 3rd, 4th or 5th party candidate is essentially a vote for the Hildabeest.

Of course, the future is arriving on it's own express train from hell, and it's a small matter who is elected.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
randy

Post by randy »

Re: no vote = vote for the Hildabeast. Don't disagree, but the line was too good to pass up. :mrgreen:

And I don't believe Terence Hill is even eligible to be president.
...even before I read MHI, my response to seeing a poster for the stars of the latest Twilight movies was "I see 2 targets and a collaborator".
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

D5CAV wrote:A vote for "nobody" or some 3rd, 4th or 5th party candidate is essentially a vote for the Hildabeest..
If you live in a swing state, that's true. I'm pretty sure that Louisiana (for example) will go blood-red for Trump, so if a few individuals wanted to vote their conscience, it probably won't matter. I know a few Texicans who intend to vote for Johnson as a protest vote, but I suspect that Texas will go for Trump as well. (I note with some irony that Texicans voted for Johnson quite a bit during the '50s and '60s, to their eternal discredit.)
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

I do live in a swing state and I will be voting for Johnson, I happen to think it is likely Trump would be even worse in the long run than any other option.
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

I don't think I'm going to bother, as I can tell you that hrc will win this state, and it's electoral votes. All I'm doing is adding to the statistics for the popular vote. :cry:
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

California is about as Swingin' as they come, but I can't bring myself to vote third party (I think I convinced a friend to vote Green since she was so bent out of shape when Bernardo didn't get the nomination).
I really wish there was a "None of the Above" choice, and the slate so dissed could never run for that office again.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

Windy Wilson wrote: I really wish there was a "None of the Above" choice, and the slate so dissed could never run for that office again.
I want to vote for an asteroid to hit the first debate.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt