David Duke says he plans to run for US Senate....

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Termite

David Duke says he plans to run for US Senate....

Post by Termite »

BATON ROUGE, La. (AP) -

Former Ku Klux Klan leader David Duke announced Friday on his website that he plans to run for U.S. Senate in Louisiana.

"I'm proud to announce my candidacy for the United States Senate," Duke said in a video. "I believe in equal rights for all and respect for all Americans. However, what makes me different is I also demand respect for the rights and heritage of European Americans."

Duke's announcement came as the state is grappling with deep racial tensions after the shooting death of a black man by white police officers and the killing of three law enforcement officers by a black man........
LINK
NTSA.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Steamforger

Re: David Duke says he plans to run for US Senate....

Post by Steamforger »

I wonder which democrat is paying him to run this time?
Rich

Post by Rich »

IIRC, Duke has done this a couple of times before with no positive results. This time should be no different.
A weak government usually remains a servant of citizens, while a strong government usually becomes the master of its subjects.
- paraphrased from several sources

A choice, not an echo. - Goldwater campaign, 1964
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

David Duke continues to make himself irrelevant. His high-water mark was in 1991 when he took advantage of Louisiana's jungle primary and garnered 491K votes to make it to the general election. His opponent was well-known Louisiana politico and past governor Edwin Edwards.

Edwards was, of course, later convicted of public corruption and sent to a federal pen, but at the time, he was indictment-free. I remember bumper stickers coming out during the race that said "Vote for the Crook, it's Important."

Yeah, David is running for Senate, but he doesn't have a snowball's chance.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

I'm not worried about his chances, I'm worried about the chances of actual Republican candidates who'll be tarred with guilt by association.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

Guilt by association is an interesting thing.

It appears this morning that one of the official policies of the DNC can be summed up as "No Homo"

Debbie Wasserman whatshername booed off the stage this morning. By Florida delegates.

The FBI launching yet another investigation into an email scandal.

This crap can't write itself. The DNC has devolved into parody. Hopefully the Repubs wont bail the Dems out by doing something equally stupid.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

PawPaw wrote:Guilt by association is an interesting thing.

It appears this morning that one of the official policies of the DNC can be summed up as "No Homo"

Debbie Wasserman whatshername booed off the stage this morning. By Florida delegates.

The FBI launching yet another investigation into an email scandal.

This crap can't write itself. The DNC has devolved into parody. Hopefully the Repubs wont bail the Dems out by doing something equally stupid.
The GOP already did by nominating Trump.