On-going protests in Baton Rouge.

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Termite

On-going protests in Baton Rouge.

Post by Termite »

Protests are on-going in Baton Rouge. Appears to be on Airline Highway, south of the Cortana Mall.

BR police are on 12 hr shifts thru the weekend. Candyman is probably busier than hell..........
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Cybrludite

Re: On-going protests in Baton Rouge.

Post by Cybrludite »

And they're supposed to start protests in Covington at the St. Tammany Parish courthouse this weekend. Starts tomorrow at 19:00, allegedly.
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
rightisright

Post by rightisright »

Why do I have a sudden urge to weld spikes on to a snow plow and head south??
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

Got a lot of pics of bored SWAT guys playing airsoft and PlayStation while prepositioned last night. Far better than the alternative I think....
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Cybrludite wrote:And they're supposed to start protests in Covington at the St. Tammany Parish courthouse this weekend. Starts tomorrow at 19:00, allegedly.
I worked with some of the St. Tammany Parish sheriff's department following Katrina. Not a crew I would fuck with, given a choice.

These were the guys who swore us in as deputies, so that we could legally open-carry the firearms that we'd carried down there. And offered to provide weapons to anyone that wanted one, but hadn't brought one along.

Good folks, just not folks I'd mess with.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

Three officers dead, four injured, this morning in Baton Rouge. Shit is getting out of hand.
Eppur si muove--Galileo
JustinR

Post by JustinR »

Damn.

I keep wondering if this is what the beginning of the breakdown will look like.

From what I've read officers across the country are already extremely reluctant to perform arrests for minor crimes right now, and as Mayor Juliani's "broken windows" policing proved, when small crimes go unpunished, larger crimes result. Not only is this targeting of officers potentially leading to only multiple officers showing up for a call and greatly increased response times, but no one wants to become a cop right now. I know my desire to become a reserve officer for either the McKinney PD or the Collin County Sheriff evaporated after the "pool party" incident where the Mckinney officer was thrown under the bus to satisfy the race baiters, and now I can't see putting my wife through the stress of it, especially since my paycheck pays the bills right now. But this isn't really about me, it's about the dead officers. If random black, non-AQ/ISIS MF'ers are willing to start openly assaulting cops, how long before they start randomly shooting white people in general?

Am I wrong to believe this shit could get out of control quickly?
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
Catbird

Post by Catbird »

"If at first you don't succeed, that's one data point." XKCD
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

I'm actively looking to get on my local force, even though I left the state force a decade ago. Now more than ever is when good cops are needed and it will be possible to change things from within.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Termite

Post by Termite »

JustinR wrote: If random black, non-AQ/ISIS MF'ers are willing to start openly assaulting cops, how long before they start randomly shooting white people in general?
Am I wrong to believe this shit could get out of control quickly?
If the NBPP wants to re-birth the KKK, that would do it.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."