As many as 10 officers shot in Dallas during "protests"

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
JustinR

Re: As many as 10 officers shot in Dallas during "protests"

Post by JustinR »

Sure as hell won't help morale with the DPD.

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2016/07/05/dall ... ignations/

What blows my mind is that our sitting POTUS has helped fan the flames leading to this.

My wife left our house earlier (before this happened) to go south toward Dallas earlier this evening. She took my vehicle and I reminded her there was both a pistol and rifle in the vehicle should she need them. Her remark was "Oh, I'm not going into THAT part of Dallas," which of course elicited a loving sigh from me. I love her to death, but maybe this will finally push her to get her CCW, she has been wanting to try out different guns lately. Luckily she was several cities away from downtown Dallas.
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
toad

Post by toad »

I'm wonder if peaceful Muslims were involved. I'm also wondering if the shooters were from out of state.

There was a recent story about the Dallas Police having an increased number of officers quitting an going else where due to low pay and low morale due to Democrat policy from the mayors office. Though some officers say they are taking pay cuts to move to other cities. The city was supposed to have a city manager style government but it looks like that is going down the tubes.
http://www.wfaa.com/news/exodus-continu ... /215006466
toad

Post by toad »

evan price wrote:Supposedly both shooters in custody.
Texas don't screw around on capital murder cases. These guys are looking at a needle and that right quick.
To reduce the number of police officers being killed and the killers being given life sentences and getting out early for good behavior,
the legislature enacted a law that anyone got shooting a law enforcement officer would get the death penalty and would also get an expedited trial.
This is one reason I don't think these guys were local. There will be a state attorney general coming down the pike and the Dallas Mayor can fornicate himself.
Termite

Post by Termite »

I'm currently at work on nights, so can follow the story line as I work.

The latest report is that another officer has died, making a total of 5. Three suspects are in custody, including a woman who was arrested at the parking garage where a 4th suspect is holed up and exchanging fire with police.

From the montage of reports, it seems that there are several individuals who were planning/executing this together as a team, using rifles.
My SWAG is that this was an operation that was planned in general sometime ago, and the perps were simply waiting for the right circumstances to put it into action.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Termite

Post by Termite »

Fourth suspect appears to have shot himself.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

Termite wrote:My SWAG is that this was an operation that was planned in general sometime ago, and the perps were simply waiting for the right circumstances to put it into action.
While this could be the case, it's not like something like this took allot of planing. Two guys with rifles and training decide, for whatever reason, to hit the cops at the march so all they have to do is find decent firing positions. If they knew the area and/or preformed a minimum of reconnaissance this would not be hard. The police in the US are simply not trained to deal with this sort of thing.
Cybrludite

Post by Cybrludite »

Termite wrote:Fourth suspect appears to have shot himself.
Pity he didn't start off with that. :evil:
"If it ain't the Devil's Music, you ain't doin' it right." - Chris Thomas King

"When liberal democracies collapse, someone comes along who promises to make the trains run on time if we load the right people into them." - Tam K.
martini

Post by martini »

Cybrludite wrote:
Termite wrote:Fourth suspect appears to have shot himself.
Pity he didn't start off with that. :evil:
Would have saved the world a lot of trouble.
Justice Sotomayor, States may have grown accustomed to violating the rights of American citizens, but that does not bootstrap those violations into something that is constitutional. — Alan Gura
martini

Post by martini »

Kommander wrote:
Termite wrote:My SWAG is that this was an operation that was planned in general sometime ago, and the perps were simply waiting for the right circumstances to put it into action.
While this could be the case, it's not like something like this took allot of planing. Two guys with rifles and training decide, for whatever reason, to hit the cops at the march so all they have to do is find decent firing positions. If they knew the area and/or preformed a minimum of reconnaissance this would not be hard. The police in the US are simply not trained to deal with this sort of thing.
I think the truth is somewhere in between. Maybe a general operations plan, "we gonna kill some pigs," and they took the opportunity of the protest in Dallas last night to execute. They may or may not have planned this specific attack, but I bet they had a rough idea and went with it. I think that if they had really planned they would have been able to e&e from downtown Dallas. It's not like there aren't enough ways out and at that time of night there should have been enough traffic to hide, but not enough to get stuck in.
Justice Sotomayor, States may have grown accustomed to violating the rights of American citizens, but that does not bootstrap those violations into something that is constitutional. — Alan Gura
Darrell

Post by Darrell »

The Dallas Chief of Police said that the perp in the parking garage was killed by the police, he did not end himself. The COP said they put a bomb on their robot, drove it up to the guy and set it off. First time I've heard of such a thing.
Eppur si muove--Galileo