FBI recommends no charges against Clinton

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
BDK

Re: FBI recommends no charges against Clinton

Post by BDK »

I doubt it's what happened, but there's a part of me that would love to see, " However we are pressing charges for corruption, espionage, etc related to her activities at the Clinton Foundation while SoS."
Termite

Post by Termite »

Pity someone didn't shoot down Airforce One while both she and BHO were on board today.............
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
McClarkus

Post by McClarkus »

I think Comey missed his Paul Revere potential. Sometimes retaining your job pales in comparison to the larger moment at hand. Had Comey said what I think he really felt, he could have shaken the earth with nothing more than the simple spoken truth. Obummer would use Trumps line and say "You're fired." Then Comey could have been able to ply the circuit to become a true patriot and perhaps even rich in the mean time. The sticky bit about staying alive in the process is not lost on me. I thought he was chomping at the bit during his speech and it was obvious to me he wanted to say more than what little he did. I am still disappointed as once again we witness the whole two sets of rules thing. Fuck disappointed, I'm pissed.
One secret to life. Step #1 - Find something you enjoy doing. Step #2 - Find someone foolish enough to pay you to do it.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

..... so where was his family while he was making this presentation? Just a thought.

Anyway, there were only going to indict her if they needed to get rid of her because she was behind in the polls. With Trump in there, they are not worried about that so no indictment.
Termite

Post by Termite »

JustinR wrote: There has got to be a lot of angry people at Langley and elsewhere right now.
Perhaps there is a Brutus or three among them...........
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

MarkD wrote:I have to ask this.

Did anyone expect anything different? I mean six months ago. Did anyone think the FBI under the DOJ under this administration would have indicted her?.
I called this month's ago. Many here argued with me about it.

It's an age old story, people at that level of power and wealth operate under very different rules.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
JustinR

Post by JustinR »

In response to Mark, I had hoped that out of all of the institutions in the US Government, the professionalism and integrity of the FBI would prevail over politics, especially with some of the Director's earlier comments, and the fact it seemed like the investigation was taking a long time in order to make an airtight case. Obviously I was wrong. I think I'm going to call them the Federal Bureau of Idiocy from now on. I'd be interested to know how many agents quietly resign in protest over this decision.
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
TheArmsman

Post by TheArmsman »

The FBI used t be known as the fumbling, bumbling idiots.
When death is inevitable, style counts.

Survival trumps programming.
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

HTRN wrote:It's an age old story, people at that level of power and wealth operate under very different rules.
True.

History tells us there is only one way this changes.

When it changes, history tells us the bright, shining period of freedom only lasts for 100 or 200 years.

We just celebrated 240 years of the founding of our republic. I doubt we will celebrate the 250th.

As I said before, go read that document published on July 4, 1776.

Substitute us.gov for King and see how close to home it is.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

Before yesterday morning at 11:00 EDT, I had a lot of respect for James Comey. Now, given the opportunity, I'd spit on his shoes.

I haven't posted on the announcement because I'm still working through my feelings, but it seems that he simply chose the path of least political fallout. In the middle of his presentation, he delivered a scathing rebuttal to each and every one of Clinton's talking points. He laid out in precise language how she violated 18 USC 793, then came to the startling conclusion that no reasonable prosecutor would make the case.

Then, he made the curious statement (let me go to the transcript to be precise)" To be clear, this is not to suggest that in similar circumstances, a person who engaged in this activity would face no consequences," I admit I was stunned.

Comey crapped on his oath, his integrity, and his honor.

I began this post in saying that Comey, at 111:00 EDT, had my respect. By noon yesterday, I considered him a Quisling.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House