Comiefornia goes full retard on guns...

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
JustinR

Re: Comiefornia goes full retard on guns...

Post by JustinR »

If we are ALREADY getting blamed for it, why not just play hardball?
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

JustinR wrote:If we are ALREADY getting blamed for it, why not just play hardball?
Because the Lairds of Fairfax, like the leadership of the Cheer wing of the Tide/Cheer Party, are more interested in their phony-baloney jobs and social circles than they are in preserving ordered liberty.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

Doesn't seem to have hurt Ronnie Barrett any, does it? He pretty much spit on them, first not supporting the .50s that they already had, and then building an identical rifle that was California legal (the .416 Barrett), which he also won't sell to the cops in California.

Last time I was up that way he was selling everything that came down the line.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
toad

Post by toad »

You have to have all kinds of ID to get guns and ammo but no ID to vote.
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

First Shirt wrote:Doesn't seem to have hurt Ronnie Barrett any, does it? He pretty much spit on them, first not supporting the .50s that they already had, and then building an identical rifle that was California legal (the .416 Barrett), which he also won't sell to the cops in California.

Last time I was up that way he was selling everything that came down the line.
Don't misunderstand me. I definitely think the manufacturers should do that, and I'd preferentially give my money to those who did. I don't think the NRA should suggest it, that would just cause more negative press for the "gun lobby".
JustinR

Post by JustinR »

Personally, I think the time for worrying about what the press thinks is over. They are going to get bad press no matter what. The CA state gov has gone full retard, it's time to hit them where it hurts. When the rank and file LEO's are telling the governor and congress critters they can no longer provide an armed security detail from lack of ammo, THEN they MIGHT get the message. To hell with half measures.
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

That and they would just get glocks or berettas.

EDIT: or H and Ks
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

Yeah, a big yawn. What's not clear to me, with the new-fangled bullet button bans, is .... so to keep my rifles (legally at least) I must register them. OK ... let's not get wrapped up around the axle on that one. So, do I register then with or without the bullet button? ;-) What about bare receivers? All my ARs, FALs, Vzs, etc. were bought in that state? Inquiring minds ....
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig
Cobar

Post by Cobar »

Yeah I'm not getting that part.

Did people already have to register ARs or just ones with normal mag catches?
FelixEstrella

Post by FelixEstrella »

Cobar wrote:Yeah I'm not getting that part.

Did people already have to register ARs or just ones with normal mag catches?
The AWB required registration of "by name" guns, or "by feature" guns without "bullet buttons" by 2000.
"Luck is where you find it—but to find it you have to look for it" -- Eugene Fluckey.
Blogspot
picsig