Military Mainstreams Transgender

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
PawPaw

Re: Military Mainstreams Transgender

Post by PawPaw »

Well, lookee here. (.pdf alert. It seems that in 2015, the Armor School proposed another Armor Crewman PT Test. It consists of five events,

1. AMMUNITION LIFT
2. TRACK BLOCK SHUFFLE
3. TOW CABLE CRAWL
4. ROAD WHEEL ROLL
5. 1 MILE RUN

The run looks pretty easy, but it is run in combat boots vs sneakers.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

Looks good! I approve of both the earlier and 2015 tests.

I must have slipped in during a "kinder and gentler" Armor school for PT, even though the skills qualifications were still pretty rigorous.

I doubt many biological women will pass either Armor crewman skills tests, or that Armor PT test.

Again, if the leaders of the US Army insist on women in combat arms, and insist on maintaining physical proficiency standards, then the only "women" who have any hope of serving in combat arms are the "transgendered" ones, specifically those who are biologically men.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

My concerns are about the timing. Society has had a few decades now to get used to the idea that gay people are a thing; transgender is a whole 'nother ball of wax.

My only concern beyond the social ramifications (which are generally melodramatic in the worrying compared to reality) is what this means for supply lines. Are trans soldiers on the bleeding edge going to be reliably supplied with HRT? Or will they be there at all? At least on that note, if any nation's logistics chain can handle it, it's the US.

They're rare enough that the impact either way should be miniscule.
blackeagle603 wrote:Come now, admit it, you really wish Aesop was here to unleash an epic rant. :lol: :lol: :lol:
warrgarbl warrgarbl fucking he-shes warrgarbl if Private Choppindick wants to be a girl kick him out warrgarbl warrgarbl I totally don't lust after the wingwong warrgarbl warrgarbl

Aesop c/w
o/c/g