Special Snowflakes Meet The Corporate World, Get Fired

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
BobbyK

Re: Special Snowflakes Meet The Corporate World, Get Fired

Post by BobbyK »

Amusingly, my current situation with my knee has me walking with a cane to reduce stress. It's excercabated by spending significant time with my knee flexed.

I spend about 15 hours a week on aircraft or in airports.

HR didn't quite grasp the concept of a reasonable accommodation and why I wouldn't want to just take a leave until I got better. So I educated them.

The reasonable accommodation my boss and I came up with was: fly Comfort+ and see if it helps, otherwise we'll stick you in First Class. It helps having a medical necessity letter specifying in inches how much legroom you need.

HR was totally cool with this. Finance, not so much. They complained, and hilarity ensued. Especially when HR (quite properly) told them to keep paying, and the had no need to know.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

BobbyK wrote:HR was totally cool with this. Finance, not so much. They complained, and hilarity ensued. Especially when HR (quite properly) told them to keep paying, and the had no need to know.
*Like*
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
toad

Post by toad »

"Finance": "Steal Underwear make profit!"
"Human Resources": Then we steal your underwear and take profit."

"You can't fire us! By the rules, laws, and regulations written by professors from your university, we can and we don't have to tell you why."