We May Never Know the Orlando Gunman's Motive

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
rightisright

We May Never Know the Orlando Gunman's Motive

Post by rightisright »

http://www.breitbart.com/national-secur ... ds-denied/

This administration is really giving TheOnion a run for its money.
D5CAV

Re: We May Never Know the Orlando Gunman's Motive

Post by D5CAV »

By that metric, we may never know the 9/11 hijackers' motives.

Hey, ISIS might really be Buddhists. We may never know their true motives either.

That's even better than the Hildabeest's speech on the economy. She talked about how bad the economy is and why she's the one to fix it. Hey wait a minute -- didn't we just have 8 years of Democrat rule in the White House? "Hope and Change" from what? She can't possibly say it's still Bush's fault.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

Well it's not uncommon for the candidate from the same party as the incumbent to run against the incumbent in some oblique way. If pressed on the issue she would likely just blame the republicans for being obstinate.
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

Regarding the Administration and the Islamic world, it's as if the administration has some sort of Stockholm Syndrome. Our president doesn't want to admit, or even consider the possibility, that Islam is a murderous religion bent on conquest. The gays don't want to consider that Islam hates them. Our DOJ secretary, Lynch, is obfuscating this outrage simply because of the political disaster it is for the Democrats. Two constituencies have "crossed streams" in a murderous hateful way. Unless this is handled very delicately, in a politically correct way, they are liable to splinter, and the administration certainly doesn't want to admit that ISIS has arrived at our shores.

Meanwhile, the rest of us watch in disbelief as the official government descends into parody. The level of tone-deafness is incredible. The Mohametan world has been chanting Death To America for forty years or longer, and it's like we don't hear those chants, or give their words the dignity that they deserve. The message is plain;, they want us dead.

Lots of folks are discussing Islamophobia. They're wondering if it is not so much a political heresy as it is a valid self-preservation tool. I know that, for myself, when someone identifies as Muslim, my guard goes up. I scan them closely for appearances of being armed. That's basic self-protection. I can cite case after case where Mohametans have "gone jihad" for no particular reason. It seems to be an element of their particular religion.

But, our weakness right now resides in the Oval Office. He's is pathologically unable to define the enemy, and until he does, he's a danger to the country in general and our population at large. The Muslim world wants us dead. By their words and their actions they continue to stress that message. The very least we can do is take them at their word.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

PawPaw wrote: Lots of folks are discussing Islamophobia. They're wondering if it is not so much a political heresy as it is a valid self-preservation tool. I know that, for myself, when someone identifies as Muslim, my guard goes up. I scan them closely for appearances of being armed. That's basic self-protection. I can cite case after case where Mohametans have "gone jihad" for no particular reason. It seems to be an element of their particular religion.
AKA, Sudden Jihad Syndrome. Our service members deployed to the middle east have been dealing with our erstwhile allies going rogue for years... Not sure why it is any shock to see that happening here at home with increasing regularity. It does make it easier to tell the so-called "moderate" muslims among us from the radical jihadis though; the moderates are the ones who haven't started shooting yet.
But, our weakness right now resides in the Oval Office. He's is pathologically unable to define the enemy, and until he does, he's a danger to the country in general and our population at large. The Muslim world wants us dead. By their words and their actions they continue to stress that message. The very least we can do is take them at their word.
I don't know for sure what his deal is, but I am not willing to rule out that he's actually on the side of the jihadis. It would explain too much.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

PawPaw wrote: Lots of folks are discussing Islamophobia. They're wondering if it is not so much a political heresy as it is a valid self-preservation tool. I know that, for myself, when someone identifies as Muslim, my guard goes up. I scan them closely for appearances of being armed. That's basic self-protection. I can cite case after case where Mohametans have "gone jihad" for no particular reason. It seems to be an element of their particular religion.
Depends on the person, there are plenty MINOs (Muslim in name only). I work with a guy named Mohamed who was eating a ham sandwich for lunch a few days ago. Talking to a lot of people both from the Middle East and when I have been there, when there are very negative consequences to not doing things, people go through the motions even if they don't necessarily give a rat's butt.

This is actually a very good reason not to import so many (any) of them. If that cultural reinforcement stops with the ones here, you will see a very high percentage of them dropping away.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

PawPaw wrote:Regarding the Administration and the Islamic world, it's as if the administration has some sort of Stockholm Syndrome.
Their doublethink ability is plusgood.
Lots of folks are discussing Islamophobia. They're wondering if it is not so much a political heresy as it is a valid self-preservation tool. I know that, for myself, when someone identifies as Muslim, my guard goes up. I scan them closely for appearances of being armed. That's basic self-protection.
My daughters and I had just that conversation on Sunday. We were discussing the idea of whether prejudice is good or bad, with islamophobia being one of the examples. We decided that since you can't start from zero (discounting all experience and knowledge) with everything in life, you have to have prejudices.

For example, as we dissected it, I find that I'm prejudiced by the voluntary choices that people make more than by, say skin color. The night before, a young black man, dreadlocked, wife beater, droopy drawers, knocked on my door after midnight asking for a jump. I was on high alert as I helped him out (and his buddy who was in the car). As we discussed it, I figured out that had a white guy looking the same except for skin color knocked I would have been on equally high alert. Had it been a black guy with a neat haircut, a shirt with sleeves, a belt and pants knocked, I'd not have been as much on alert. So we figured out I'm prejudiced by how people choose to present themselves to the world. I use that to estimate their potential to act outside the boundaries I find acceptable. I guess I use it as a guide to go from yellow to yellow.5.

Same with Islam, but I can't tell whether they take it seriously or not. Or whether they will switch suddenly. Or whether their behavior is a measure of their predictability - this guy was trolling for guys at a bar. Lots of them drink or enjoy Western ways while in the west. Sin in the service of deception is acceptable, right?
Netpackrat wrote:I don't know for sure what his deal is, but I am not willing to rule out that he's actually on the side of the jihadis. It would explain too much.
Given his results, I think we can just assume he's on their side. Whatever his motivations, I'm not sure anything would be different.
Vonz90 wrote:Depends on the person, there are plenty MINOs (Muslim in name only). I work with a guy named Mohamed who was eating a ham sandwich for lunch a few days ago. Talking to a lot of people both from the Middle East and when I have been there, when there are very negative consequences to not doing things, people go through the motions even if they don't necessarily give a rat's butt.
But, see, you're an infidel. They're supposed to lie to you to further the cause of islam. How can you ever take anything at face value when you know that's the case?
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
scipioafricanus

Post by scipioafricanus »

If there is a Stairway to Heaven, is there an Escalator to Hell?
If God wanted men to play soccer, he wouldn’t have given us arms. - Mike Ditka
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

The MINOs are vulnerable to colossal fits of guilt that lead to Sudden Jihadi Syndrome, but it is their children, in search of their roots and with a bit of rebellion against dad who are vulnerable to "radicalization". Whenever a terrorist murder occurs, the MINOs are quick to say "this isn't true Islam", but nothing more, except excuses and diversions. The true believers just as quickly condemn this and all terrorism, including the actions of prevention and self defense taken by their targets. To stop this, the MINOs need to develop a scriptural basis to pose against what the Jihadis present as the plain words of the Koran and the other writings. There is some research going on, but it is slow and not widely known. They really need Mohammed Luther to nail his set of theses on the Mosque door. ASAP.

As for motivation, we may never know the motivation of John Wilkes Booth, alleged assassin of President Abraham Lincoln. Remember, everything we read about him, his actions, his associates, his beliefs and his motivations are all hearsay, and all presented to support one conclusion only. </sarc>, but only partly.

As for the Media and the current administration's attitudes towards the Jihadis, Stockholm Syndrome would explain a lot. Were this a domestic dispute and conservatives were acting and writing like the Leftists here, media would be screaming about blaming the victim to no end. Admittedly there is a strong element of cowardice in Leftists (it's safer to vilify tobacco or imaginary anti women deeds or anti global warming or anti abortion than to be opposed to wholesale religiously motivated mass murder and oppression of women, but I'm beginning to see a relationship between Western Leftists and Radical Islam similar to that of the Sinn Fein and the IRA in Ireland fifty to one hundred years ago.
Last edited by Windy Wilson on Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
BDK

Post by BDK »

Given Muhammed's historical actions, a reformation consistent with Western values may prove impossible.