"Wise Latina" Opens Mouth shows idiocy...

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Jered

"Wise Latina" Opens Mouth shows idiocy...

Post by Jered »

“I believe in forced labor” when it comes to improving access to justice for the poor, she said during an appearance at the American Law Institute’s annual meeting in Washington. “If I had my way, I would make pro bono service a requirement.”
She went full potato. Can we boil her, mash her, and stick her in a stew?

She apparently lacks even a basic understanding of American history and a basic grasp of the Constitution. Thanks President Zero. Now we're stuck with her for 80 years.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Netpackrat

Re: "Wise Latina" Opens Mouth shows idiocy...

Post by Netpackrat »

It's getting to where they don't even bother with the mask anymore. That said, I'm not going to shed any tears for the members of a profession that as a whole has no issue at all with press-ganging a dozen or so random folks and forcing them to sit in on each of their cases. They may as well get a taste of their own medicine.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
JustinR

Post by JustinR »

The headlines should read "Obama Supreme Court Justice believes in slavery."

Of course it never will.
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

Once again, "that pesky Constitution thingie" rears its ugly head, and thwarts the will and whims of one of our presumed betters.
If she's the standard for SCOTUS picks, Congress should pass an amendment stating that the next 9 choices to SCOTUS will be press-ganged from jury pools by random lottery numbers. We could do no worse.

I only hope that when Ginsburg finally strokes out, it's on the interstate, when Satanmayor is sitting in the passenger seat as they plummet into a freezing lake or handy concrete pillar. The two of them are a frightful waste of skin and oxygen.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
D5CAV

Post by D5CAV »

Meh

I have no respect for the Supremes, either with or without her.

We had FDR's clearly unconstitutional Gun Control Act of 1934, which was not only allowed to stand by the Supremes for the last 80 years, but got piled on with the GCA of 1968 and 1986 for good measure.

Then we had FDR's equally unconstitutional Executive Order 6102, signed into law in the first 3 weeks after FDR was inaugurated, banning private ownership of gold and effectively defaulting on us.gov debts to its citizens. That was allowed to stand by the Supremes for almost 40 years, until Nixon ended it, by defaulting on us.gov debts to foreign entities.

The list of unconstitutional laws upheld by the Supremes, and clearly unconstitutional lawmaking by the Supremes, is so long that it would fill multiple books.

Whenever someone tells me, "The Supreme Court ruled XXXX is constitutional, so that's been settled", I ask them if they believe everything that the Supreme Court rules is legal and correct. They invariably say yes, to which I say, "So you agree with the Dredd Scott decision?"

Always fun to make liberals' heads explode.
None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free.” Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
dfwmtx

Post by dfwmtx »

I'm sure Democrats would be fine with forced labor as long as it comes with enough government benefits to barely keep workers alive. It worked for the Democrats in the Antebellum South, and it can work for Democrats in the 21st century.
"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia
Jered

Post by Jered »

Every time I read this thread, the thought strikes me that his ignorant twat needs to be flogged and made to work from sunup to sundown for the rest of her natural life. She could subsist on cornmeal gruel, salted pork, and hardtack, too.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.