How many attempts on Trump's Life?

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice

How many attempts to assassinate Trump between now and Election day?

Poll ended at Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:24 pm

19%
4%
22%
4%
No votes
5+
15%
None, but they'll force-feed him magic brownies
37%

Total votes: 27

dfwmtx

Re: How many attempts on Trump's Life?

Post by dfwmtx »

The only way I'm pulling a lever on Trump is if he's standing over a trap door of a pit filled with alligators. I'm seriously wondering if I should vote libertarian or write-in Cthulhu.
"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

I know that the secret service was quite concerned about Obama's safety, fearing that some milita or somthing might take a reasonably compitent shot at him. However as far as I know none of that had come to pass. Trump, on the other hand, had opponents rioting outside of his rallies and has already been rushed on stage once. A big concern for me would be him getting cut off during a protest that turns into a riot and his protection detail being overwhelmed.
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

dfwmtx wrote:The only way I'm pulling a lever on Trump is if he's standing over a trap door of a pit filled with alligators. I'm seriously wondering if I should vote libertarian or write-in Cthulhu.
We need a like button.
MiddleAgedKen

Post by MiddleAgedKen »

g-man wrote:60% of what's left of the party hates him. However, I don't see Hillary pulling the same level of fanatical support, and am not sure Bernie supporters will vote for her... so it's really left to [strike]which party brings more of the subset that doesn't hate their candidate to the polls. In either case, lots of their own party (and the entire other party) hates the winner, and we're left with a President who wins a very small percentage of actual registered voters.[/strike] who has the best in with Diebold. Yay.

As for attempts on his life, I did wonder the same thing.
FIFY. My money's on Clinton...like it matters.
Shop at Traitor Joe's: Just 10% to the Big Guy gets you the whole store and everything in it!
Jered

Post by Jered »

Mike OTDP wrote:Firing up the Delphic oracle here...how many attempts will be made on Donald Trump's life between now and election day?
You should have three options:

-Enough

-Not enough

-Magical Washington State certified organic brownies
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
308Mike

Post by 308Mike »

Vonz90 wrote:We need a like button.
I said that years ago. 8-)
POLITICIANS & DIAPERS NEED TO BE CHANGED OFTEN AND FOR THE SAME REASON

A person properly schooled in right and wrong is safe with any weapon. A person with no idea of good and evil is unsafe with a knitting needle, or the cap from a ballpoint pen.

I remain pessimistic given the way BATF and the anti gun crowd have become tape worms in the guts of the Republic. - toad
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

OTOH, if some unlikely how Trump wins, and his running mate has any kind of aura of reasonableness about him/her, the day efter the election, Trump will need Captain America's shield built into every podium he stands behind, he'll have to hire food tasters, and the Secret Service will need a Patriot battery to travel with the presidential protective detail pretty much anywhere Trump goes to stop missiles and planes flying right into his ass, essentially 24/7/1460.
And all presidential press conferences will have the press entering naked, and working in paper jumpsuits, to prevent any 20 of them from wearing explosive vests into the show and detonating. ;)
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
toad

Post by toad »

Interesting, While nationwide Trump is 13% behind Hillary, he is starting to pull ahead of her in some states where he was behind. She's been losing some ethnic voters also.
martini

Post by martini »

I'm just going to point out that the vast majority of assassins and would be assassins of US presidents have been Democrats and/or commies.
Justice Sotomayor, States may have grown accustomed to violating the rights of American citizens, but that does not bootstrap those violations into something that is constitutional. — Alan Gura
BDK

Post by BDK »

A) There's some serious rage directed at Trump. Frankly, he's got some good points, but the plan to eliminate the bottom 50% from the income tax I's disasterous - death tax would have never become so abusive/existed if everyone paid the same rate

B) As Roger Stone is part of his campaign, I wouldn't be surprised if he was shot for sympathy, though I really think the La Raza folks might get lucky.