WA State Prosecutor gets smacked down by a judge.

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Jered

WA State Prosecutor gets smacked down by a judge.

Post by Jered »

Simply by reading this ruling from a Superior Court judge, I've come to the conclusion that the prosecutor in this case should be disbarred for sheer incompetence.

Then we need to tar and feather him and run him out of town on a rail.

I think that's the equivalent of smacking that prosecutor across the face with a herring.

That ruling is pretty good reading simply for that.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Netpackrat

Re: WA State Prosecutor gets smacked down by a judge.

Post by Netpackrat »

Good on the judge.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Catbird

Post by Catbird »

"...a juror stated candidly that he had significant experience with firearms, and that upon examining the gun he was able to determine that there was substantial wear on the slide mechanism, and from that he concluded that Chabuk had practiced with the firearm frequently and was thus skilled in its operation and was also an experienced marksman. From that he concluded that Chabuk diliberately and skillfully shot Kiener first in one leg and then the other, seeking out Kiener's knees as targets, with the specific intent to inflict permanent and crippling injuries."
What an asshat.

Update: Someone reading the above quote might get the impression that I'm refering to the defendant. I believe the juror is an asshat for saying that he can tell someone's proficiency and intent by gun wear.

News story concerning the night in question >>>HERE<<<
Last edited by Catbird on Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"If at first you don't succeed, that's one data point." XKCD
Langenator

Post by Langenator »

If the judge really wanted to spank the prosecutor, he would make the state pay the defendant's legal fees for the first trial. And since the mistrial was the result of deliberate and repeated misconduct by the prosecutor, take the money out of the DA's budget.
Fortuna Fortis Paratus
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Catbird wrote:
"...a juror stated candidly that he had significant experience with firearms, and that upon examining the gun he was able to determine that there was substantial wear on the slide mechanism, and from that he concluded that Chabuk had practiced with the firearm frequently and was thus skilled in its operation and was also an experienced marksman. From that he concluded that Chabuk diliberately and skillfully shot Kiener first in one leg and then the other, seeking out Kiener's knees as targets, with the specific intent to inflict permanent and crippling injuries."
What an asshat.

Update: Someone reading the above quote might get the impression that I'm refering to the defendant. I believe the juror is an asshat for saying that he can tell someone's proficiency and intent by gun wear.

News story concerning the night in question >>>HERE<<<
What a fucking moron. It could be a used gun. This reminds me of Walter Cronkite's "expertise" on weapons saying the AK 47 was too powerful for civilian ownership.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

skb12172 wrote:What a fucking moron. It could be a used gun.
That was my first thought.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D