How I See Election 2016 Shaking Out

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
JustinR

Re: How I See Election 2016 Shaking Out

Post by JustinR »

*sigh* Only 47 states to go...and a convention...
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

Kommander wrote:I wish I had your confidence in how things will shake out but I simply do not see the prosecution of Clinton going anywhere. They might, MIGHT, end up having to sacrifice someone ala Scooter Libby or Oliver North, but Hillary, and other people at her level, are untouchable. After Nixon messed up the political establishment has been very careful to cover for each other, regardless of party.
If Shrillary isn't indicted, fuck it all.
At that point, we're already so far up the ass of a banana republic we may as well all start loading up wine bottles with gasoline and dish soap.
And if she shows up for the Inaugural after that, someone's liable to vote her out with a 168 gr. ballot, sure as God made little green apples.
Even if her running mate is Al Sharpton or Al Franken.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"
JustinR

Post by JustinR »

I prefer apple juice glass bottles, they are round and fit in grenade pouches.
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
Frankingun

Post by Frankingun »

Remember to cap the bottle first, then wrap the end of the rag around the top of the bottle, otherwise it might blow up in your hand.
Buy ammunition and magazines.

You'll shoot your eye out!

Another blog.
JAG2955

Post by JAG2955 »

My fingers are crossed that she is nominated, and while on live TV, preferably during a presidential debate with Cruz, she strokes out and shits her pants.

I don't think that I'd mind if the debate was with Trump, simply because he would point at her and shout: "She just shit her pants!"
slowpoke

Post by slowpoke »

JAG2955 wrote:My fingers are crossed that she is nominated, and while on live TV, preferably during a presidential debate with Cruz, she strokes out and shits her pants.

I don't think that I'd mind if the debate was with Trump, simply because he would point at her and shout: "She just shit her pants!"
Thats going to happen before the dem convention so dont get your hopes up for it on live TV. Then they'll do the win one for poor hillary, which leads me to change my mind, its going to be fauxcahantus and not creepy uncle joe like i had originally thought that gets nominated at the convention.
"Islam delenda est" Aesop
John_in_Longview

Post by John_in_Longview »

This is worse than I hoped for Cruz. It is time for Texas to go it alone. I guess we will let Oklahoma cone with us.
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

Well looks like we get to see just how far the Republican elite is willing to go to keep absolute control of the party. Their best option is probably just to let this Trump do his thing. That way if he wins they can at least claim some credit, and if he looses they can use it as a club to demand that the party continue to put forth someone electable like McCain or Romney. If they play games at the convention there is an excellent change that they will loose many voters forever and spoil their chances of not only winning this election, but any presidential election ever again.
Jericho941

Post by Jericho941 »

The best option would most likely be for the party to say "Thanks for the input plebes, now here's who actually gets the nomination." Trumps' supporters can run in the street screaming "cuck" until they asphyxiate and/or get hit by a bus, a net gain for the nation's collective IQ; or they can learn to get behind Cruz or Rubio, unless Trump decides to go ahead with a third party, in which case the Republicans implode and everyone talking about voting for Hillary "to just get it over with" will finally get their wish.
Aesop

Post by Aesop »

Kommander wrote:...and if he looses they can use it as a club to demand that the party continue to put forth someone electable like McCain or Romney...
Anyone claiming someone like McCain or Romney is electable - given that they both lost handily - is the textbook definition of clinical insanity.

Trump is proof that 30-40% of the nominal GOP is as low-information and batshit crazy as on the (D) side of things, not counting the raving fucktards he's gotten enthusiastic to show up who haven't voted in years, if ever. Would that they'd have simply stayed home.

As it is, by this time Wednesday, the only two candidates to have won a state will likely be Cruz and Trump, and everybody else should have figured that out and dropped out by then. But they won't.

The problem with that, IIRC, is that after the 15th, the primaries flip to winner-take-all, so with a mere plurality, Trump will get enough delegates to secure the nomination.
Whether he wins or loses the nomination, the GOP is over.
If he manages to win the election or lose it, the country is over. (And don't count the media out on shelling the shit out of him 24/7/365 for his documented whackjobbery once he secures the nomination.)
Personally, I don't see the merit in replacing one blowhard incompetent narcissistic would-be-dictator jackass for another one.
(And 3:1 the next Ginormous Market Crash And Global Depression blows up in Trump's face his first year in office if he manages to prevail on Election Day, just in time to make him the Herbert Hoover of the 21st Century. Mark my words.)

And you can lay the consequences for that entire tub of shit right in the laps of the RNC leadership who've treated conservatives in the party as red-headed stepchildren for 30 years, and with Bitch McConjob, Paul Quisling Ryan, John Crying Bonehead, and 400 or so GOP senators, congressmen, and governors who've dropped their pants and bent over for HopeyDopey non-stop for the last 5 years instead of doing what they were supposed to do. Which would include the likes of McCrazy, Mittens, Christie, Rubio, etc.. They've paved the way for Trump non-stop since 1988.

I hope someday America gets the chance to try out a constitutional republic again; this last one was fun while it lasted.
"There are four types of homicide: felonious, accidental, justifiable, and praiseworthy." -Ambrose Bierce, "The Devil's Dictionary"