Obama's speech.

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
toad

Obama's speech.

Post by toad »

"Badge, Badge, I don't need no stinkin badge."
Meanwhile Judges are taking extra drinks anticipating the lawsuits.
Gun store owners are in desperation to build up inventory.
Cross bow makers are expecting extra sales.
Biden has been reported to be seen with a big grin.
Editors of the Onion are reportedly sad about not being able to keep up with Obama.
JustinR

Re: Obama's speech.

Post by JustinR »

People on no-fly lists shouldn't be able to buy guns? What does that have to do with the price of tea in China?
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
BobbyK

Post by BobbyK »

Those same no-fly lists that it took 7 years and multiple Federal lawsuits to correct when they were added due to a clerical error?
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

BobbyK wrote:Those same no-fly lists that it took 7 years and multiple Federal lawsuits to correct when they were added due to a clerical error?
Yeah, the same no-fly lists that TSA will put you on for doing investigative journalism critical of TSA. It happened once that we know of to a CNN reporter. The country is in the very best of hands.

Clerical error can be written off as clerical error. Adding someone to the list because he's critical of you should be a felony.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
Rod

Post by Rod »

The same no fly list that has umpty dozens of TSA agents on it and kept Tidal Teddy Kennedy off a plane years ago. The same no fly list that the Boston bombers, the Fort Hood shooter, the Chattanooga shooter, the Boston bombers, and the San Bernadino "workplace violence" couple were NOT on.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
Termite

Post by Termite »

I didn't get a chance to watch, 'cause I was busy with a couple of other guys cleaning up the minor flooding in our rig quarters, including my bunk room, that a knucklehead caused by turning over a full mop bucket. :roll:

Can someone post brief major highlights, please.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
PawPaw

Post by PawPaw »

Termite wrote:Can someone post brief major highlights, please.
Probably the best analysis I've read this morning. LINKY!!

It was an empty speech by an empty suit. The president had many opportunities here and missed them all. He basically lectured us with disappointment in his voice and let us know that we had personally let him down. The speech was laughable on several points (which I'm sure that they're doing in Raqqa), but he spent more time assuring us of the peaceful intent of the local Muslims than he did describing his strategy for winning.
Dennis Dezendorf
PawPaw's House
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

PawPaw wrote: but he spent more time assuring us of the peaceful intent of the local Muslims than he did describing his strategy for winning.
That's because the peaceful intent of the local muslims has more actual content than his strategy for winning. Anything is more than zero, right???
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
SoupOrMan

Post by SoupOrMan »

I started to read the speech, worried about the 2nd Amendment.

I finished the speech worried about the 2nd, 4th, 5th, and 6th Amendments.
Remember, folks, you can't spell "douche" without "Che."

“PET PARENTS?” You’re not a “pet parent.” You’re a pet owner. Unless you’ve committed an unnatural act that succeeded in spite of biology. - Glenn Reynolds
Termite

Post by Termite »

So.....different [strike]speech[/strike] lecture, same old shit......... :roll:
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."