The South Carolina School Resource Officer

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
skb12172

Re: The South Carolina School Resource Officer

Post by skb12172 »

Vonz90 wrote:I am agnostic on the disposition of the officer and as to whether or not he used excessive force.

I will say that I have never sent any of my children to a school that needed a police officer presence.

I will also say that if your plans for not being beaten, shot or otherwise harmed involved pissing off armed men and counting on their forbearance and professionalism, then you have already failed on many levels and I have no particular sympathy for you.
I worked in an affluent, suburban system. They still had an SRO from the Sheriff's department in both high schools. Times have changed and it has nothing to do with a school being "bad" or not.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

PawPaw wrote:
Any time that you have someone videoing an incident, it's probably staged. Most incidents don't begin by students pulling out their cameras to video an exchange. This video was fairly "pat" so I suspect that the student being filmed tipped off the cinematographer that she was going to initiate an incident.
It takes only seconds now to start recording a video with a cellphone, something you probably know. If a kid had even an inkling that something entertaining might be about to happen it's no surprise that they pulled it out.
Jered

Post by Jered »

This cop possibly needed to go, but, from what I understand, the student mouthed off to the teacher and then to the principal.

The principal called the police.

I'd [strike]feel sorrier[/strike]maybe have some sympathy for the parent(s?) in this case, if they would not have raised their child to be a feral miscreant that acts out in school. I wonder if this child majored in cheerfulness and was an aspiring astronaut.

I think there's some advice about that somewhere:
Train up a child in the way he should go,
And when he is old he will not depart from it.
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.
Steamforger

Post by Steamforger »

Clearly none of these are Catholic schools in the "New Orleans Catholic League" tradition. Which you can read as the SRO being there to save you from being beaten half to death by a nun/brother who grabbed the closest thing they could find and went to work. A friend that went to Brother Martin used to tell stories about one teacher and a chair leg he favored quite a bit.

Loved be the haert of Jesus, but the Brother's pimp hands are strong....
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

If you can't handle a student without face surfing her across the floor, you should not be a cop.

Dumb kid meets dumb cop, society comes out ahead, as she just received 12 years of parenting in 12 seconds, and the dipshit self identified for removal.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

FYI, she's an orphan. In the Foster system. Mom and Grandma both died within the last year. Dad either dead or AWOL. And she's a teenager. No wonder she's acting out a bit.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
JKosprey

Post by JKosprey »

The cop absolutely effed up. No ifs ands or buts about it. I don't care how mouthy she was being. I don't care if she was a spoiled little wench with no discipline. It really doesn't matter. Absolutely nothing she could have done short of going for the weapons on the officers belt justified that level of response. If it had been her own PARENT administering that kind of treatment, they would be in jail. He deserves the same.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Agreed. I'm horrified that thousands of people online are calling him a hero.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

JKosprey wrote:The cop absolutely effed up. No ifs ands or buts about it. I don't care how mouthy she was being. I don't care if she was a spoiled little wench with no discipline. It really doesn't matter. Absolutely nothing she could have done short of going for the weapons on the officers belt justified that level of response. If it had been her own PARENT administering that kind of treatment, they would be in jail. He deserves the same.
What he said.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
Jered

Post by Jered »

Yogimus wrote:If you can't handle a student without face surfing her across the floor, you should not be a cop.

Dumb kid meets dumb cop, society comes out ahead, as she just received 12 years of parenting in 12 seconds, and the dipshit self identified for removal.
What Yogi said.

Stupid should hurt.

And another website that has a different video

http://www.youngcons.com/new-video-angl ... e-officer/
The avalanche has already started. It is too late for the pebbles to vote.