blackeagle603

Re: Remember--I know you will...

Post by blackeagle603 »

Distasteful, yes.

Not actually illegal? Ummm..., No.

Planned Parenthood is violation of 42 U.S.Code 289g-2
42 U.S.Code 289g–2 - Prohibitions regarding human fetal tissue
(a) Purchase of tissue
It shall be unlawful for any person to knowingly acquire, receive, or otherwise transfer
any human fetal tissue for valuable consideration if the transfer affects interstate commerce.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

I can pretty much guarantee you that they didn't take one thin dime for the tissue.

Now, mandatory transportation fees, storage costs, testing fees, etc.. That they will charge for, and make a profit on. It's the same with organ transplants - hospitals are not allowed to charge for organs, but they'll charge you 300 grand to harvest, transport, and surgically install them in the patient.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

42 U.S.Code 289g–2 - Prohibitions regarding human fetal tissue
(a) Purchase of tissue
It shall be unlawful for any person to knowingly acquire, receive, or otherwise transfer
any human fetal tissue for valuable consideration if the transfer affects interstate commerce.
Oh good. I suppose they might argue that it does not effect interstate commerce but as we have seen the supreme court believes that everything is covered by the commerce clause. Of course no prosecutions will be forthcoming, planed parenthood has I'm sure made sure campaign donations got to the right people.
Netpackrat

Post by Netpackrat »

It would be hilarious if this ended up giving us leverage against Wickard v. Filburn.
Cognosce teipsum et disce pati

"People come and go in our lives, especially the online ones. Some leave a fond memory, and some a bad taste." -Aesop
toad

Post by toad »

The more laws the more agencies and establishments needed to enforce them. They suck up money, increase the number of scofflaws, discourage innovation, and sooner or later the economy implodes. See China in the 16th Century.
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

dfwmtx wrote:Regarding "control where you smoke", does *what* you smoke have any bearing in a discussion on which side wants to control what?
Not here. They banned smoking tobacco in all restaurants and bars a few years ago. Then parks. Now, the public square that my office overlooks.

I hate smoking. It arguably killed most of my family. I enjoy smoke-free environments.

But I still oppose the bans. Let the business owners decide and let the market sort it out.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
Weetabix

Post by Weetabix »

toad wrote:The more laws the more agencies and establishments needed to enforce them. They suck up money, increase the number of scofflaws, discourage innovation, and sooner or later the economy implodes. See China in the 16th Century.
^^This.
Note to self: start reading sig lines. They're actually quite amusing. :D
TheArmsman

Post by TheArmsman »

Weetabix wrote:
toad wrote:The more laws the more agencies and establishments needed to enforce them. They suck up money, increase the number of scofflaws, discourage innovation, and sooner or later the economy implodes. See China in the 16th Century.
^^This.
Have a good reference I can read on this? Do not know much about his part of history .
When death is inevitable, style counts.

Survival trumps programming.
Yogimus

Post by Yogimus »

LOOK AT THEM AND SEE THEIR EVIL!!!!

- just ignore us while you do so