Remember--I know you will...

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Baja boy

Remember--I know you will...

Post by Baja boy »

Legs Up.jpg
lib control.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B. Hussein Obama - an Empty Suit for Empty Minds.
Annoy a liberal - Work hard and be happy!
Liberals: all about choice UNTIL you choose differently than them.
Arguing facts & truth to libs is like bringing a warm smile to a gun fight.
dfwmtx

Re: Remember--I know you will...

Post by dfwmtx »

Regarding the "control your healthcare" bit, it's not Democrats who are doing their damnedest to shut down Planned Parenthood, which contrary to the opinion of some offers more services for women's reproductive health than just being "Abortions R Us".

Regarding "control your kids education", which side on the local & state levels has historically fought against teaching evolution in favor of creationism?
Also there may be some screwy stuff going on with history textbooks in Texas trying to minimize slavery in the antebellum South, but I'm still looking into that one.

Regarding "control where you smoke", does *what* you smoke have any bearing in a discussion on which side wants to control what?
"Arms are honor; slaves have neither."

"I am Chaos, I am alive...and I tell you that you are free!" -Eris Discordia
Windy Wilson

Post by Windy Wilson »

I thought the greater portion of planned parenthood money came from private donors, somewhere in the 70% range give or take. Similar to NPR' s funding.

One would think they'd forego the federal funding so one objection would no longer be available to their opponents.
The use of the word "but" usually indicates that everything preceding it in a sentence is a lie.
E.g.:
"I believe in Freedom of Speech, but". . .
"I support the Second Amendment, but". . .
--Randy
Vonz90

Post by Vonz90 »

dfwmtx wrote:Regarding the "control your healthcare" bit, it's not Democrats who are doing their damnedest to shut down Planned Parenthood, which contrary to the opinion of some offers more services for women's reproductive health than just being "Abortions R Us".

Regarding "control your kids education", which side on the local & state levels has historically fought against teaching evolution in favor of creationism?
Also there may be some
First of, PP is not all about abortion, but pretty close to it. The percent they spend on other services is close to a rounding error (largely hidden as the abortion side act turns a significant profit).

Relative to the schools, which side is it again that want to keep poor kids trapped in public schools?
Rod

Post by Rod »

Some notes of interest that doesn't get much attention is that PP does not even have breast cancer screening or mammograms in any of its clinics; minority women constitute only about 13% of the female population (age 15-44) in the United States, but they underwent approximately 36% of the abortions, most in PP clinics. PP, like many other organizations, fudge their figures also. If a woman goes in for an std test, pregnancy test, and to get birth control at the same time, that's not counted as one visit but three procedures. PP was organized by Margaret Sanger as a eugenics system to get rid of the poor. It's very easy to look up their history. And, if you haven't seen the videos yet, look them up. Any hospital that did what they did would have been shut down and there would have been massive numbers of prosecutions.

As for education, say what you will but the federal government has gotten us where we are in education, they refuse to believe that charter schools or home schooling are acceptable alternatives, and they refuse to go to a voucher system. As far as it goes, the federal government should not even be involved in education and its interference has dumbed down our young people. I taught for 17 years and KNOW what the federal government does to school systems. It should be a state level function and, if you don't like what a state's teaching, don't move there, home school your kids, or live with the schools as the state organizes them. Edited to add, get involved in local politics and CHANGE how the schools operate.
Last edited by Rod on Sun Oct 25, 2015 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
one can be a Democrat, or one can choose to be an American.
Good acting requires an imagination; reality requires a person not getting lost in their imagination.
"It's better to have a gun if you need it". Felix's opthamologist
First Shirt

Post by First Shirt »

As Glen Reynolds, the Instapundit, points out, sending your kids to public schools should be considered child abuse.
But there ain't many troubles that a man caint fix, with seven hundred dollars and a thirty ought six."
Lindy Cooper Wisdom
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

Let PP, a private organization do it's thing -- free of government money. Then spend a little of that .gov money that's freed up prosecuting them for the harvesting of baby parts.

If we agree public money is well spent on funding private organizations then there are myriad of other community health clinics and pregnancy centers out there doing good work who aren't in abortion services and fetal tissue resale business.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
Termite

Post by Termite »

If Planned Parenthood actually helped the poor plan parenthood(prevent unplanned conception), the number of abortions decrease enormously.
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
kapikui

Post by kapikui »

dfwmtx wrote:Regarding the "control your healthcare" bit, it's not Democrats who are doing their damnedest to shut down Planned Parenthood, which contrary to the opinion of some offers more services for women's reproductive health than just being "Abortions R Us".
Only because "Planned Parenthood" (Try going in for HELP with conceiving) is a private apparently for profit organization that is almost 100% tax funded. They aren't saying "You can't exist." They're saying "We're no longer going to pay you to exist. If you want to go on existing, you need to find another source of funding." There is a big difference.

Also there may be some screwy stuff going on with history textbooks in Texas trying to minimize slavery in the antebellum South, but I'm still looking into that one.
Generally it's been the REQUIREMENT to do so, but the overarching problem is that the liberals want to FORCE every school to adopt their curriculum, and vastly limit the options for parents to get their children out of what are no longer really schools but now are nothing more that liberal ideology indoctrination centers.

Just after Columbine I was trying to undo the massive wrongheaded overreaction going on. I happened to be perusing the NEA website (I was still half liberal then) and I read what the then NEA president wrote about "public education" the article has since been scrubbed, but the just of it was that it wasn't important that children were taught how to read or write or understand math. What was important was that they were taught ideologically sound principles. Since parents weren't doing this, it was vitally important to get the children out of the homes as much as possible and into places where they would be taught correctly.

He was advocating for a mandatory public "education" beginning at 6 months of age running to 21 years with optional college paid for by the taxpayers. Children would spend a MINIMUM of 12 hours per day at these "education" centers 5 days per week with an additional 6 or so on Saturday and Sunday. Summer vacation would be minimized as that also gives parents too much time to feed their children incorrect ideas.

In his viewpoint such an arrangement was the only way to fix the problems with the country and make sure that the future generations had the proper viewpoints.
Kommander

Post by Kommander »

blackeagle603 wrote:Let PP, a private organization do it's thing -- free of government money. Then spend a little of that .gov money that's freed up prosecuting them for the harvesting of baby parts.
You would have time figure out what to charge them it first. The abortions themselves are legal, and the fetus parts are probably considered nothing more than medical waste. What the PP officials did was distasteful and perhaps immortal, but I'm not sure it was actually illegal.