Trump: I sometimes carry a gun.

This forum is for discussion of politics, diplomacy, law, and justice
Termite

Trump: I sometimes carry a gun.

Post by Termite »

Washington (AFP) - Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump says he sometimes carries a gun to protect himself, after a spate of shootings at colleges ramped up debate about firearms in the United States.

The revelation is likely to spark a backlash from advocates calling for tighter control of guns, after three separate shootings at US universities or colleges this month left 11 people dead.
Asked why years ago he obtained a concealed weapons permit, Trump told the CBS program "Face the Nation": "Because I like to have myself protected."
Host John Dickerson then asked Trump: "Do you carry?"
"Sometimes," replied Trump, whose popularity has surged on the back of a series of bombastic comments on a range of sensitive topics, including immigration and gun control......
LINK
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
MarkD

Re: Trump: I sometimes carry a gun.

Post by MarkD »

Trump has a NYC carry permit. He's one of the animals that's more equal than the rest of us. After all if you can't afford to donate a few grand to the mayors reelection campaign you have nothing worth protecting with a gun.

Fuck him sideways with a chainsaw.
JustinR

Post by JustinR »

Yea, and sometimes I carry a Trump card so I can act like a bombastic idiot, yell at people, and make misogynist comments. When people say WTF, I just show them my Trump card and they go "ohhhh ok."

+1 to sideways.
"The armory was even better. Above the door was a sign: You dream, we build." -Mark Owen, No Easy Day

"My assault weapon won't be 'illegal,' it will be 'undocumented.'" -KL
toad

Post by toad »

Trump has really done his "market research." He's put out two position papers, one anti-immigrant and the other pro-2nd amendment. I've noticed that the MSM has carefully avoided covering them, but I don't think Trump cares. On the back side of his Trump card (I'm stealing that) he has his Social Media and Internet contacts. I suspect that he thinks that he reaches more actual voter through the Internet than through the Lame Stream Media. Way too many Republican candidates for President haven't figured out the LMS will never support them no matter what they say or do.
I'm hoping for Cruz right now. He seems to be playing an FU card at least on the Obamanations.
skb12172

Post by skb12172 »

Cruz shit his nest with me when he beclowned himself with Huckabee by grandstanding with Kim Davis.
There must be an end to this intimidation by those who come to this great country, but reject its culture.
blackeagle603

Post by blackeagle603 »

ya know, if that's the biggest problem you've got with Cruz...

She should not have been jailed. Plenty other remedies in the courts range of options. Cruz was right to stand on that with her.
"The Guncounter: More fun than a barrel of tattooed knife-fighting chain-smoking monkey butlers with drinking problems and excessive gambling debts!"

"The right of the citizens to keep and bear arms has justly been considered, as the palladium of the liberties of a republic;" Justice Story
arctictom

Post by arctictom »

I carry a gun all the time because of the massive social screwup's generated by our .gov .
You live and learn.
Or you don't live long.
Termite

Post by Termite »

skb12172 wrote:Cruz shit his nest with me when he beclowned himself with Huckabee by grandstanding with Kim Davis.
SKB,
You do understand that the SCOTUS decision is bad law, correct? Similiar to Roe vs Wade?
"Life is a bitch. Shit happens. Adapt, improvise, and overcome. Acknowledge it, and move on."
HTRN

Post by HTRN »

MarkD wrote:Trump has a NYC carry permit. He's one of the animals that's more equal than the rest of us.
People like him don't get permits from political donations. They get them from being Rich, Famous, and having an army of lawyers who can and will tie up the legal system, and possibly threaten the legality of the Sullivan Act.
HTRN, I would tell you that you are an evil fucker, but you probably get that a lot ~ Netpackrat

Describing what HTRN does as "antics" is like describing the wreck of the Titanic as "a minor boating incident" ~ First Shirt
MarkD

Post by MarkD »

HTRN wrote:
MarkD wrote:Trump has a NYC carry permit. He's one of the animals that's more equal than the rest of us.
People like him don't get permits from political donations. They get them from being Rich, Famous, and having an army of lawyers who can and will tie up the legal system, and possibly threaten the legality of the Sullivan Act.
I always figured there were donations involved (just like with Robert DeNiro, who also has a permit).

Either way, some animals ARE more equal than others.

I saw advice on a blog once (don't recall where) that said if only movers and shakers could get carry permits, become a mover and shaker. That struck me as totally un-American, we we NOT limit rights to only the well-connected.

And let's make it a rusty chainsaw. And dull.